Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Update on My Novel Writing Adventure

Okay so, I figure that this is as good a place as any to post updates about my WIP novel.

My prologue is written but I have yet to go back and do any revising/editing/etc. Kelli and Joni have both read it- Kelli gave me great feedback on things to move around, stuff to expand on etc... I just need to actually do it. She is my critical review person. Joni gave me the more laid back reader opinion- also important, since reader's aren't going to know as much as Kelli and listen to my hours of rambling about it.

Chapter 1: Also written, totaling about 15 pages I think it was but I think it is a great first chapter that will draw in readers. Again, Kelli gave me points to look at- everything I send her is completely raw, fresh off the press with little to no editing/rereading from me. I just sit down and write it, see what comes out, and send it to her. With her suggestions however, I think it really will be a powerful beginning chapter and that pretty much makes me bounce around in excitement.

Chapter 2: I have already cut out about 6 pages of stuff I had written and decided I didn't like. I am on to try 2 and I think it is going well- but still needs a lot more work... but at work this evening, I was mulling over some of the suggestions Kelli gave me for what I have so far and think I have found a great way to make things work and even thought of things for later on in the book or for a later book.

Overall, I think the process is going well considering this has all been accomplished in a week- yep, I have officially been working on this one week and to be honest, I feel amazing about it. Despite having been saying since middle school I was going to be a doctor, I think this is what I was meant to do. I have a real passion for it and I love it. It comes completely naturally for me and for the most part, I am able to stop and start at will.

So, more to come about how this is going. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment