Saturday, November 7, 2009

Privacy Policy

Privacy is important here at A Good Addiction and because of that I take it seriously for everyone, including younger readers. Blogs and the web in general can be fun and full of new and interesting things but caution must always be used especially when sharing personal information.

For children and their parents, please scroll down for some link's to great places to find further information and do not hesitate to contact me with any and all questions at flaming1325[at]gmail[dot]com.

Information Collected and Use

Any and all personal information collected here is not collected for any type of personal use. I of course cannot control others’ use of emails left in the comments section but I personally will never do anything more than contact contest winners with it. Also to help with this, I will try to utilize online forms for contest entries in which the information is sent directly to a spreadsheet seen only by me. To help ensure your or your child’s further safety, I stress the use of a Google ID or using a Blogger to better control anything you might deem personal online. For example, not just on blogs but on other public websites, my persona is flamingo1325. Of course that is not my real name but it helps protect me while also identifying me and my work.

Should anyone enter and win a contest on this site, I will need a physical address along with your first and last name to send the prize. However, if you are under the age of 13, I have to ask that your parent provide the mailing address. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to check and confirm your age, so I am expecting everyone to be honest in this area please. Any address collected for winning prizes will NOT be shared, given out, sold, or rented. I will not be keeping anything on file and the information will be deleted or destroyed after the shipment of each prize won.

All information stored in the spreadsheet tied to my online entry forms will also be deleted/destroyed once each contest is closed. As soon as I have sent out packages, I will immediately delete any personal information apart from the contact email. Should something happen and I need the address again (post office returns the package, package gets lost, etc) I will simply ask for it again.

Again, should you have any questions, comments, concerns or other issues please feel free to email at: flaming1325[at]gmail[dot]com.

LINKS:

http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.shtm

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs21-children.htm

http://www.privacyrights.org/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment