I admit, making this list was a little easier since I've been lucky enough to already read several of the 2012s I was drooling over, but that's only a tiny dent in the huge amount of books I am eager for, so here is, as of right now, the top 12 for 2012 that I am dying for!
11. Hidden by Sophie Jordan: Who the crap does Jacinda end up with?! Will I hope! Although I admit this is one where I could (possibly) be okay with her ending up with Cassian but still. Plus the wash Vanish ended?! Yeah. Want.
9. Endlessly by Kiersten White: This is one of my favorite series ever. The books are so fun, yet have so much depth and darker stuff to them. Not to mention, they really are some of the most original books to me. And there's a (very minor) character named after me in Supernaturally, who I think is back in Endlessly, and I want to read more about myself.
7. Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins: What the crap was the ending to Demonglass? I don't think I've ever felt more thrown off a cliff (in a good way). Rachel is an evil, evil, brilliant and talented woman and holy wow can I not wait to see how this series ends.
6. Queen of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: Assassin. Outlawed magic. Yes please. Not to mention, I just think Sarah is one of the nicest people ever but dang does this book sound AWESOME.
4. False Memory by Dan Krokos: Main character who's a weapon? Things she can't remember? Dark truths? Um. Yes, yes and yes. Seriously, this one just. Wow. It sounds so brilliant and original, but also so crushing and gripping. Someone should steal this for me.
3. If I Lie by Corrine Jackson: A book about that dark space between protecting yourself and protecting someone else? Holy heck yes please. I love the inherent emotion that will come with this one, and honestly, I can't wait to see just how dark and deep it's taken. I love twisty books! Also, this is one of my favorite covers. It's so sweet and soft, yet also a little sexy, a little broken, and a little dark.
2. Velveteen by Daniel Marks: I don't even know where to begin to describe all the things that have me drooling over this one. Maybe it's the probably twisted romance. Maybe it's the fact that the main character wants to do some serious post-mortem haunting and kind of can't. Or maybe it's just that there is mention of ritual abuse even in the summary. I don't know. But I want this book, so. Freaking. Bad.
So there you guys have it.... the 2012s that I am drooling for. I so cannot wait to get all of them, and will admittedly be a bit shameless in my attempts to get some of these.