Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Stranded by J.T. Dutton, set to be released June 8 from HarperTeen.

Summary:


My best friend, Katy, says a person with a sparkly two-part name like Kelly Louise should be guaranteed a little glamour and excitement and not be forced to move back to Mom's middle-of-nowhere hometown—now the center of a media frenzy since a farmer found an infant in his cornfield. (It just slipped from some mystery mother's body without anyone noticing.)

Bizzaro.

But Baby Grace shadows every hair flip, every wink, and is keeping me from losing my virginity, despite my dynamite new boots. Even Katy doesn't have any more good advice. The one boy around who rates anywhere near acceptable on the Maximum Man Scale only has eyes for my cousin, Natalie, who only has eyes for Jesus.

But Natalie has a secret.

Everyone is so busy burying the truth about Baby Grace, they can't see who they're burying alive.

Welcome to Heaven, Iowa.


My Thoughts: The premise alone hints at the numerous elements Dutton plans to include in this book, from the faith aspect to abandoned baby to the typical- and always engaging- teenage drama. The interactions between the four characters mentioned in the summary- Baby Grace not withstanding- are already set up to be both heartbreaking and entertaining. The cover is eye catching but certainly seems fitting for the premise and mood, particularly with the white colored dress. I am definitely looking forward to reading this one.

4 comments:

  1. This one does look good. I will definitely have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read! Nice pick. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one seems interesting. I hadn't head of it yet, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one on goodreads before and it definitely looks interesting. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete