Soooo. It's an epic release day here in YA, and two of those releases are ones I seriously love. What does that mean? Another round of Top Five Reasons to Buy Them! Let's get started!
5. The author is hilarious. No, seriously. If you've never watched a vlog of his, you're missing out. But if no one buys his book, then he can't keep writing books, then he stops vlogging and then we all miss out and our lives will be nothing short of sad without the ridiculous, make you grin like a teenager with the swimsuit edition vlogs and general comments that come from this guy's head. So please. Help the world be a happier place.
4. Gods and goddesses. Not half gods. Not quarter gods. Not my uncle turned out to be a god and wow that explains the fire that always shot out of his hand when my mom made fun of him. Nope. These teens are actual gods and goddesses, but not your usual Greek and Roman ones, and not even from one group of gods/goddesses. And they are some pretty awesome ones. Do you really want to miss out?
3. The writing. It's flowy and descriptive and gorgeous and pulled me right in, and has so much voice while still being not just the characters since it's third person and I can keep rambling but Karsten's sentences are much more put together than this one and therefore you need it.
2. There's hot boys. Yes. Boys. As in more than one. More than two even. There is some major eye candy of the male kind in this book (and let's admit it, the author isn't too bad himself). You wouldn't want to miss out on it.
1. This time? My favorite character is NOT one of the hot boys. But Raja. Who is seriously badass. But you won't get to know how badass she is unless you read the book.
5. Sometimes sequels to books aren't as good as the first. Sometimes they're just as good as. Then there's books like Supernaturally that are better than the first but not in a way that makes the first a bad book but because it's just that awesome and it's built on the awesome that was the first book and it still takes your breath away and blows your mind and you cannot put it down and gosh darnit it is three a.m. but you are still reading like a mad woman because you have to know what happens and then here comes another big event and then you're like holy crap what is happening next then you stop and stare at a particularly amazingly well written passage with such fantastic description that you think wow, I probably stink as a writer in comparison but then you remember the story and don't care anymore because being not as good is worth it if you can just. Keep. Reading. Yeah.
4. There's a new boy. And his name is Jack. And I'm going to just come out and say it. I really like him. Sure, he could be evil incarnate. Or he could be Lend's air-boy brother. Or he's going to become the third leg of what is going to turn out to be an epic tripod. Or maybe he just thinks Evie is nice to look at. But I like him. And you should be sure you meet him.
3. Lend! Okay, I know he was in Paranormalcy and all, but he's also in Supernaturally. And he's still awesome. And hot. And charming. And kissable. And maybe he's more kissable. Or maybe he really sweeps Evie off her feet and they don't even have to save the world because they are just so perfect together? Or maybe something eats him?? Yeah. I got you worried now. You better get the book to make sure he's safe.
2. There's a character named Kari. No, this is not a coincidence. Yes, it is named after me. And how else will you know what my paranormal twin is if you don't go get this book and read it? Besides, you know you want my namesake sitting on your shelf.
1. Kissing! And some more kissing. And for good measure, a little bit more. And what if the books ends with a kiss? Or opens with a kiss? Or has one of those everything is falling apart around us but we will be super sweet and kiss in a way that everyone will melt at moments? You'll never know, if you don't read, and do you really want to miss out on all that kissing?
So there you have it. The top five reasons you guys should go out today and buy these books! Also, I hear the cover of Wildefire is pretty soft and gropable. And Evie's feelings will be hurt if you get Ash and not her so really, just save the drama, and get the packaged deal of awesome.