Sunday, February 5, 2012

Author Word Associations: Ivy Adams

Stopping in today is Ivy Adams, author of The International Kissing Club! Instead of an interview, I've thrown a list of random words/phrases at her, and she's letting us know the first thing that comes to mind for each!




First, thanks so much for having me.  I really appreciate it!

Toe jam: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!
Merlin: Lancelot
Beagle: Snoopy
X-Files: Creepy
Romance: Novels
Hippogriff: Buckbeak, of course!
Boxers: Black
Sparkly: Diamonds, champagne and glitter (they all popped into my mind at the same time)
Barbarian:Conan
Peru: Mountains
Longhorns: Again, really?
Carrot: Vitamin A
Tape: Grease (I had a VHS tape of this movie that I watched incessantly when I was young)
George Clooney: Brad Pitt and Matt Damon (I loved Ocean’s 11)

Thank you for hosting us today!

What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word kiss? Tell us in the comments (leave your email so we can contact you) to be entered to win the Around the World In 80 Kisses daily and weekly prize and also become eligible to win the Grand Prize, a Kindle Fire. For a list of all our Smooch Posts you can visit and earn more entries to win, visit us here.

The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams is the story of four best friends: Piper, Cassidy, Mei, and Izzy--the misfits of Paris, Texas. Their whole lives, they’ve dreamed of escaping small-town life and seeing the world. So when Piper is the victim of an embarrassing prank that goes viral online, she gets the idea that the girls should escape via the school’s international exchange program, in search of fun, love and internet redemption.

Emily McKay, Shellee Roberts and Tracy Deebs write under the pseudonym Ivy Adams. They shop, gossip and watch movies in Austin, Texas.

2 comments:

  1. The first thing that came into my mind when I read kiss was FRENCH. LOL...You know where my mind it.

    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think books. Cuz that's how I roll.
    I love those word association choices. Though Merlin makes me think "Best Show Ever" and Sparkly makes me think of Sparklepires.
    rivkarno1(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete