Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mini Reviews: Pushing the Limits, Timepiece, and The Space Between Us

It's that time again, gushy mini reviews of books I've read recently that won't be out for awhile, but that I think are amazing and everyone needs to know about them! So let's get to it:


Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry: This one is so intense and emotional, but with some seriously sweet and tender romance mixed in. There is a great momentum to this one, with plenty of mysteries and questions to drive it forward. Echo is an amazingly done character, softly broken with a strong determination in her. Then there's Noah, sexy and sweet, the kind of rough on the outside and mushy on the inside that will have you melting. This book had me hooked the entire time, and is so well written with a great mix of sorrow and wit in it.


Timepiece by Myra McEntire: Kaleb. All Kaleb. He is so hot, and sexy, and sweet, and amazing, and... yay. This book is much more emotional than Hourglass, and not just because of Kaleb's whole empathy thing but just because of the situations, the writing, and the focus. There is a big drive towards the overall main picture, with a ton of character focus and development on the way. The entire story is so brilliant, and well put together, and stunning. Though there isn't a for sure third book right now, this reader is all kinds of hopeful the publisher picks one up because this is a world I want to spend more time in. Plus, Kaleb. Holy hotness.


The Space Between Us by Jessica Martinez: I loved Jessica's debut, Virtuosity, but I think I might love this one even more. The emotions are so much more amped up, not just because of the natural way a writer improves but because of the situation and the characters. Amelia is a stunning character, one who is definitely flawed, and in some ways, can be selfish, but in light of what's going on, it's so easy to understand why she's reacting like she is. There is so much depth and emotion to this one, intensity and intricacies, and I couldn't put this one down. With several gutting twists on the way, and an awkward and sweet underlying romance, this book has so many amazing elements.

1 comment:

  1. You jerk. You make me want to read all of these! As if I don't have enough on my reading pile, lol. I'm especially excited about Pushing the Limits & The Space Between Us!

    ReplyDelete