Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TLA Wrap Up

Last week I headed down to Houston for TLA, which was such a blast! I had such an amazing time, and met some of my favorite authors as well so let's just get right to the photos!

 Me with Jessi Kirby, at her signing. In Honor is one of my favorite books ever, and getting to meet Jessi again was just fabulous. And pick her brain a little about Rusty, because man is my love for that boy intense...

 Veronica Roth! I don't think I need to say anything else, except she remembered me from last summer and *dies*

 Stacey Kade! I love this series, and yay Will is back in my hands!

 Megan Miranda! I met up with her for lunch on Wednesday, but of course we forgot to take a picture so I hunted her down the next day. She is as fabulous as she seems. 

 Jessi Kirby (again) and Stasia Kehoe. I met up Friday for lunch with Stasia, who is pretty much one of the most hilarious people ever. 

 Sara Zarr. I freaked out internally with this one, and turned a little red in my gushing to her while she signed my books. 

Jackson Pearce! 


I also met Melissa Walker, but forgot to take a picture, mostly because I was in that state of omg that renders me a little useless. Barry Lyga was also there, and I got the copy of I Hunt Killers that I already had signed, and chatted with him about the next book some, and about serial killers. I also may have told him his brain scares me in the best possible way.

Also signing was Brent Crawford, Matthew Quick, Madeline George, Kate Ellison, Sharon Draper and Allan Zadoff. I also met Rachel Hawkins, but again forgot to take a picture... Though Deb Calletti was signing, I missed it, along with a few other signings, but overall it was just an amazing experience.

Getting to see Mary Lindsey again was fabulous, as was seeing Sophie Jordan and Tara Lynn Childs. Love these ladies! 


Annnnd the books:

 This isn't quite all of the books I got, but it's the ones I'm most excited for and stare at in confusion every time I have to pick a new book. 

And here's the books I got signed (plus Second Chance Summer in the first picture). Most of the finished copies I bought, but a few were for giveaway.


So that was TLA! It was a seriously awesome event, and getting to see the other bloggers was great as well. 


And though I didn't get this one at TLA, it was waiting for me when I got home. I read it right away and LOVED it. And since my love is so great for this one, I wanted to include it in here and encourage all of you to add it to your lists: 

Keepers of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger (and model Toby, passed out after 5 days at the kennel)


9 comments:

  1. *drools all over your blog* You can clean it up later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time and such great photos and drools over books especially stacey Kade book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a super amazing time! :) Your pile of books is daunting!

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many nice surprises at TLA this year! I didn't go with any specific wish list in mind, but was pleasantly surprised by everything I came home with! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwww, I love that Toby and KEEPER got to cuddle. Looks like you had so much fun. TOTALLY JEALOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. KARI, LOOK! *points* *steals all the books*

    But for real, this sounds like SUCH A BLAST. You've basically convinced me to go next year. WELL DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved my first TxLA. It was so much fun having lunch with you on Friday. Must return to Texas soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous that you got to go to TLA and have such wonderful fun!! I am hoping to go next year... And Barry Lyga... The best genius in the world! Whoah..

    ReplyDelete