So to celebrate what I think is a truly stunning and worthy book, I'm giving you the guys the top five reasons everyone needs to get their hands on a copy of this one, and I'm giving you the chance to win your very own copy!
5. I totally cried. And I am not a crier. I can name several books that had most everyone in tears and other than maybe some misty eyes, nothing from me. But this one? Tears. More than once. Not really an ugly cry for me, but getting close to it. (Don't let the tears shy you away. It's a good cry.)
4. The writing is amazing. Seriously. There is something so to the point, yet also with some amazing descriptions, and an easy flow to it that just totally sucks you in. And since we all know writers only get better with time, considering how strong her debut was... we can expect amazing things from Trish down the road. (Which is why you all need to go buy the book, to ensure there are more books from Trish.)
3. The story. This is the best mix of romance, figuring your crap out, overcoming some pretty big things, and just learning who you are. Sure, Travis has been through a lot. And yeah, I'm not a boy, and I've never served in a war. But I still totally related to Travis. I got him, I got his struggles. This is a book that will heat you up and cool you down just as fast. It will tear your heart apart and stitch it back together. It will just get into every part of you, and stay with you for a long time after you're done. This is one of those books that is a painful journey, but one of the best ones you can possibly take. (And it's just silly to let yourself miss out on it.)
2. Harper. I have a total girl crush on her. She may not be the character's head you're in, but you still get to know her really well, even the parts of her that aren't blatantly stated or shown. She doesn't take crap, per say, but she also doesn't hold grudges longer than needed and doesn't just let things fester until it's too late. She can forgive, but she's not a doormat, and she is just, really, the kind of girl that we should all, at least in part, strive to be. (She also totally cracks me up. And saves baby sea turtles.)
1. Travis. Not only is this book male POV (And done amazingly, might I add), but Travis is just. Wow. He's that cocky, somewhat arrogant dude that you just want to punch in the face, but he's also that intense, caring, perceptive guy that you want to break through the front of and get to know, and he's that guy who is broken, but not so broken he's beyond repair. He is just an all around amazing, flawed, realistic, honest, loyal, true guy, and okay so I totally would do him, but I also would love to just know him. (Yes, he's totally that guy who you want to kick in the balls even while you hug him and protect him. Cue Melty Kari.)
|Stole this from Trish's links. It's just perfect for Travis.|
Which is why I am giving away a copy of this book, to one lucky winner.
To enter, just fill out THIS form!
This contest ends July 3, and IS international, as long as The Book Depository delivers to you.
No entries will be accepted through the comments, but you should totally leave a comment anyway. I mean, we ARE celebrating here!