Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Upcoming Droolworthy Books: Male POV

Male POV is my favorite. It's generally what I write, and I usually snatch up as many books written in it as I can. And while I do enjoy the split male/female POV books, the all male ones just get me. So this time on Droolworthy Upcoming Books, I'm feature all male POV ones that I am, well, drooling for! This isn't including any sequels, just stand alones or the start to a new series.


Taken by Erin Bowman: I will probably not ever shut about this book. It has just captured me somehow, with the summary... and okay, the male POV. Also, I love the name Gray, and the color Gray, so there's that. But I have been jonesing for this book since last year sometime. It just sounds so amazing, and like such a Kari book.

Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn: Closed off, emotionally shut down boy? Girl with secrets who challenges that? Um. Yes please. Also, this one is set in a boarding school. I love boarding school books. Not to mention, the things at a cycle of abuse in this story pretty much guarantee it will be intense and wrenching, and you guys know how much I love both of those things.

The Collector by Victoria Scott: A soul collector? A hot one, at that? Yes, please. This one just sounds like so much fun, and I'm totally digging the romance angle of this one. Quirky nerd and sexy demon. Yeah. I'm in. Not to mention the fact that this cover is really rather pretty to look at...

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider: First, this title alone has me sold. Add in the male POV, and I'm drooling. But also, it's a book about tragedy... and about more tragedy. I love the heartbreaking ones, the ones that test me as a reader, so I am so set on this one.


Broken Glass by Lisa Amowitz: This one has something about it that has me intrigued. The mystery. Wanting to know what happens. And, really, just watching Jeremy try to work through everything. Nothing like an accident and losing your crush to set you in motion.

Insomnia by J.R. Johansson: Spending the night trapped in the dreams of the last person you made eye contact with? Um. Yes please. Imagine trying to not only avoid sleep, but avoid eye contact, even the innocent and accidental kind? I love that concept! Add in a girl who's dreams you're okay getting sucked into... and what that means trying to make sure it happens night after night? Hello, stalker. Then add in said girl actually having some kind of stalker, someone who threatens her? Yeah. I am so incredibly sold on this one.

Trainwreck by Christa Desir: This is the kind of book that going, I basically expect it to break me. Not to mention, I love that this one is told from the boyfriend's POV. He wasn't the one raped, but that doesn't mean he's not affected. This one sounds so intense, and so damaging, and so, so amazing.


So what upcoming male POV books are you excited for?

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful collection. Thank you so much for posting it. I love male POVs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari!
    Ohmygosh, I wish there were more Male POV written books out there: they're truly interesting! Taken looks so awesome!

    -Kirthi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, my TBR just grew by like, 6 books. I can't believe I haven't heard of some of these books!! I'm definitely excited for them now! :D

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taken's definitely most exciting to me at the moment. Dystopia! Also, that cover. Some of these are new to me, so I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just added ALL of these to my TBR list. I love male POV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list! Adding several of these to my anxiously-awaiting list. :) Taken was already on there - so excited for that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taken is SO HIGH on my wishlist right now! I am SO jealous you've read it already! Erin is a sweetheart, and I am super excited to read it, and the male POV makes it even more awesome! Severed Heads, Broken Hearts and Charm and Strange are others I'm really looking forward to.

    Male POVs FTW!

    ReplyDelete