Thursday, May 10, 2012

Character Interview: Ne Min from Chained

Today's guest is Ne Min, one of the characters from Lynne Kelly's debut Chained!


When you first saw Hastin, what did you think?

He looked lost. I knew he was far from home, and so was I. But I could tell he was a good boy, and that he'd be a good elephant keeper, even though he'd have a lot to learn.

What's your biggest regret?

It's hard to say. I have so many. I can't talk about my biggest regret. That doesn't mean I don't think about it. I think about it every day. Maybe if I'd been more careful, everything would have been different. If I had been stronger, I wouldn't have left home. But there were so many reminders there, I didn't know what else to do. I didn't know the reminders would follow me everywhere.

Despite everything he had to go through, are you glad Hastin is the one who took the elephant keeper job?

Oh, yes. I didn't like that he had to leave home, but I understand that he was doing what he had to do to take care of his family. And here, he did all he could to take care of Nandita. I was worried about who the new keeper would be. They aren't always kind. As soon as I met Hastin, I knew I didn't have to worry. He didn't grow up with elephants, but he has a heart for them, like I do.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Home.

What's your best story of Nandita?

I love the way she behaved at the first show. But I think the best story has to be about the time she protected Hastin when Timir was coming after him in anger. Nandita put herself in front of Hastin and stared down Timir until he backed away. She reminded me of someone I used to know.


Thank you, Ne Min, for dropping by and congrats, Lynne, on the release!

Chained is out now, so make sure to pick it up, especially those of you who love the more emotional kind of stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment