Saturday, November 12, 2011

In My Mailbox

I had an unexpectedly and awesomely good week, so let's just get right to it all!



For Review:
Wanted by Heidi Ayarbe (Already read - fantastic book!)
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
Truth by Julia Karr
Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne
There is No Dog by Meg Rosoff
Radiant Days by Elizabeth Hand
Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson
Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer Hubbard
Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink
The Right and the Real by Joelle Anthony
The Girl is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines
(Huge thanks to Heidi Ayarbe + Balzer & Bray, Penguin, HarperTeen and Kathryn Miller Haines + Roaring Book Press)

Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton:
So, I beta read this one last summer, and sure, Courtney and I talked extensively about it and I probably asked her just about every possible questions about her characters, and we often debated motivations, etc, but honestly, I hadn't realized how much I was helping her with this book. Even with the late night texts of encouragement during all the revising. So when I found out that THIS is the dedication.... Yeah. (And dedication aside, Wings is seriously awesome, and kicks everything up several notches from Angelfire!)





Bought 
(Remember that B&N gift card I had? Yep. Happy Birthday to Me...)
The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton (Romance, and yes I bought it for the cover)
Changing the Game by Jaci Burton 
Switch by Tish Cohen
The Cardturner: A Novel About a King, a Queen and a Joker by Louis Sachar
Skyship Academy by Nick James

Borrowed from Melina:
Dead to You by Lisa McMann

Won from Loni
Possess by Gretchen McNeil (This book is awesome! And the cover is shiny!)

20 comments:

  1. So not only am I jealous that you got a Wings of the Wicked ARC, but you also beta read for Courtney?!? AND helped her survive?!? That is something of epic proportions! *Snaps for you*! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, how awesome that it's dedicated to you. Awesome. Fantastic books this week. We got a lot of the same for review, can't wait to see what you think of them. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor doggy!!! I love it!! Every week!! haha

    Harbinger! That sounds so awesome I really look forward to it. I also want to read Possess it sounds so creepy! Awesome haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome mailbox! U got Harbinger and Wings of the Wicked!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's an awesome dedication! And I swear, I look forward to seeing your dog buried in books every week. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy freaking cow!!! She dedicated the book to you?! That's freaking incredible!!!


    My IMM goes up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dedication is GREAT Kari! Soooo many books that I can barely even see Toby. I see my name! Enjoy DEAD TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool that Courtney thanked you in her book! I really cannot wait to read her next book. You got a lot of awesome books this week!
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG so many books where do i start and what shade of green should I be. Congrats on beta reading for courtney plus a dedication you rock. Still totally jealous though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a dedication in a book!!

    MY IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harbinger looks awesome. Awesome bunch of books. & 2012 Debuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, I love your dog! Great haul of books this week.

    Check out my IMM here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set! I got The Girl is Murder too. So cool that you were mentioned in Moulton's dedication!!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the dedication! I purchased The Perfect Play and Changing the Game for the covers also. Great reads though. Happy reading and I'm a new follower:)

    Here are my imm's for this week...

    http://moretalesfromthecrypt.wordpress.com/2011/11/13/in-my-mailbox-3/

    http://thebookjunkiesbookshelf.wordpress.com/2011/11/13/in-my-mailbox/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would just stack them up and start reading. They all sound great.
    <a href="http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com/>here's my Post</a>

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you've had the best book week by far.

    Moulton is so sweet for doing that dedication! You must've really made an impact on her.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete