Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Author Music Feature: Susanne Winnacker

It's always fun to ask authors what kind of music they listened to while writing their book, and what songs are on their playlist for it... so I've pitched the questions to Susanne Winnacker, author of The Other Life, and this is what she had to say!


How important is music for writers? I guess that depends on the writer and their preferences. I personally need some kind of background noise when I’m writing. Sometimes I’ll just let one of my favorite TV series run in the background but most of the time I’ll listen to music. Once I listened to a single song all day to get in the mood for a certain scene. And every time I hear that song now, I think of the scene I wrote all those months ago.

I have lists for each of my books and today I’ll show you the songs I heard on repeat while writing and editing The Other Life.

Didn’t we almost have it all – Whitney Houston

Bring me to life – Evanescence

My Immortal – Evanescence

In the End – Linkin Park

Memories – Within Temptation

I will survive – Gloria Gaynor

I’m not dead – Pink

Nobody Knows – Pink


My lists usually consist of 20 – 40 songs so this is only little taste of my The Other Life playlist!



Thank you, Susanne, and congrats on the release! I can so see these songs for the book!

This one hits shelves May 15 so make sure you check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment