Friday, December 10, 2010

Character Interview + Contest: Oscar from Everlasting

Here today is the hottie Irish sailor Oscar, from Angie Frazier's Everlasting. Yeah, you know who I'm talking about. The guy that makes Camille's blood burn-- and every female reader around, too. If you haven't had a chance to read his story yet, well, no worries. Here's your chance to meet him, and he's even giving us a contest afterward.


What was your first impression of Camille?

The first time I saw Camille I could barely look her in the eye. Not just because she was beautiful, but because she was the daughter of wealthy man—a man who’d just caught me trying to steal from him. Camille had been given everything she’d ever wanted, so I expected her to be kind of conceited. But after little while, I realized I’d been wrong to think that.

If you could tell Camille's father anything, without repercussion, what would it be? What about to Randall?

William gave me everything. He took me in when he could have brushed me off as just another harbor urchin. Telling him that I thought he sometimes treated Camille more like a piece of furniture than a daughter would have been next to impossible. But when it comes to Randall...it wouldn’t be so impossible to enjoy giving him a solid punch in the jaw.


What do you think about the superstitions on the boat, especially about women being aboard, given Camille’s constant attendance?

I think sailors tread carefully around certain superstitions more out of a habit than they do out of real fear. I don’t take much stock in superstitions, especially the one about women on a ship bringing bad luck. Besides, I’d rather have Camille on a voyage with me than back home in San Francisco with Randall.

If you take Camille anywhere in the world, where would it be?

It would have to be somewhere neither of us has been so we could see it for the first time together. Africa maybe, or South America. As long as we don’t have to bring anyone else with us, I’d be happy just taking her down the coast of California.

Have you ever regretted joining the crew with Camille's father?

No, not at all. I was nothing when William met me. If he hadn’t taken me in, I’d have stayed nothing. I wish I was more than just a common sailor, but compared to what I was before…I’ll take it.


Thank you, Oscar, for taking your time out of your sailing duties to pop in. And for those of you who haven't read Everlasting yet (or have, but realize now why you need a finished copy), what better time of year than December to pick one up?

So what can you win, if not Everlasting? An ARC of Angie's upcoming middle grade mystery The Midnight Tunnel: A Suzanna Snow Mystery! You know what you want it.

To enter, fill out THIS form. Contest is US only and ends December 26. Comments are greatly appreciated (show Oscar some love), but no entries will be accepted through comments.

10 comments:

  1. Awww! I love Oscar! He's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been on my TBR for a while. Might have to move it up the list!

    Just found your blog--love your detailed reviews (along with the short version). Very enjoyable to read.

    Mary
    The Book Swarm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a thoroughly awesome read.

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Character interviews are always so much fun - thanks Oscar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome ! I've been wanting to read this book. Learning more about Oscar just made me want to read this book more :)

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the character interview! Oscar sounds so sweet. And I can't wait to read Everlasting. I hear it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This books sound like something I'd love! Thanks for the character interview. I would have loved to hear from Camille too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the giveaways! Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is fun I love it. Although I'm sure I'd love it more if I knew the characters which I don't. I really really want to read this one so thanks for the chance!!

    ReplyDelete