Monday, August 15, 2011

Author Interview: Na'ima B. Robert

Hopping in today is Boy vs. Girl author Na'ima B. Robert!


Describe Boy vs. Girl in three words.

Muslim teen struggles

Given the differences in how Farhana and Faraz are dealing with things, which was the hardest to write?

Actually, they both posed different challenges! I really like Faraz as a character, I have a great affinity with him, and his story is a lot more action-oriented, which I enjoy as a writer. But of course, he is a boy, and Farhana is a girl, so a lot of what she goes through is easy for me to understand.

If you could pair Farhana and Faraz with any character from any book, who would you pick for each?

Farhana needs a Muslim Mr Knightley and Faraz should settle down with Shazia!

What god/goddess would be your nemesis?

Not sure about gods but I guess Time would be a likely candidate.

What kind of dinosaur would you describe yourself as?

Wow, have never thought of myself as a dinosaur! At a push, I would be a pterodactyl: able to fly, light, fierce.


Thank you, Na'ima, for sharing those answers!

Boy vs. Girl is out now, and check out the trailer for it!





No comments:

Post a Comment