Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is In Honor by Jessi Kirby, coming May 8, 2012 from Simon & Schuster.

Summary: Honor receives her brother's last letter from Iraq thee days after learning that he died, and opens it the day his fellow Marines lay the flag over his casket. Its contents are a complete shock: concert tickets to see Kyra Kelly, her favorite pop star and Finn's celebrity crush. In his letter, he jokingly charged Honor with the task of telling Kyra Kelly that he was in love with her.

Grief-stricken and determined to grant Finn's last request, she rushes to leave immediately. But she only gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn's best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn't seen him in ages, thanks to a falling out between the two guys, but Rusty is much the same as Honor remembers him: arrogant, stubborn. . . and ruggedly good looking. Neither one is what the other would ever look for in a road trip partner, but the two of them set off together, on a voyage that makes sense only because it doesn't. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn--but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?



My Thoughts: First and foremost, I loved Jessi's debut Moonglass and have been eager for something else from her since I read it. But honestly? This one just sounds amazing. I love the set up of this one, and really want to know not only how Honor deals with her brother's death but also the quest he gave her, but I also cannot wait to see how things go with Rusty. I fully expect there to be a little romance in this one, and with the emotional and engaging way I already know Jessi can write, it is pretty much guaranteed to be fabulous. Not to mention, I just love road trip books. So combine all that, and this is one that I need, well, right now, rather than next May. As for the cover, love! It has that chick lit feel, but the red cowboy boots offset that in a good way. Not to mention, I love that the background seems like it's in the middle of nowhere. Now to figure out how to get this book in my hands...

24 comments:

  1. I just left Mocha's blog from above. Is In Honor the book of the week? Great choice either way. I'll be adding it to my list, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is the 3rd time nearly in a row I've come across this book! It sounds great. When I heard about it the first time I added it to my list. Can't wait for it! I really want to read Moonglass. I don't know why I still haven't gotten around to it.

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for this book! I've yet to read her debut novel, but that one is on my to-read pile too. Great pick. :)

    My WoW: http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds amazing!

    My WoW http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of people are waiting on this book! Sounds heart wrenching. Greak pick. :)

    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw this for the very first time in a previous WoW - and it still sounds really great. :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    Carina
    (My WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a popular pick today. I'm really looking forward to it too! :)

    Check out My WoW on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw this on another WoW and want it too. Love the fated romance aspect along with the road trip. Gret pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw this as a WoW pick! Great book if you ask me, Jessi Kirby's such a fine author (loved Moonglass) so I'm definitely looking forward to this as well. Great pick!

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Second time I've seen this today...it's going on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw this on another WoW!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen this WoW quite a few times, and I must say I would love to read it. Nice blog. New Follower!

    My WoW pick this week is :
    http://beckonedbybooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-shatter-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this one around a bit now. Sounds like an interesting read! Thanks for sharing & Happy Wednesday!

    Check out Sash's WoW post !
    And don't forget our amazing GIVEAWAYS !

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a popular pick! What a great choice! Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that this one is so popular today definitely makes me want to read it when so many fabulous bloggers are excited about it.

    Megan @Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  16. That book is getting popular!!

    Visit my WoW:

    http://readingandall.blogspot.com/2011/08/esperando-na-quarta-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book sounds great. Great pick. Check out my WoW: http://thebookcovers.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wedsday-august-17th.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one sounds super good and I agree with everything you said about this book and Jessi's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. NEED to pick up Moonglass! This one looks good too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just saw this one on another blog. I looks good!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. How funny. I think this is one of the more popular picks this week. I love road trip books as well, so I can see why! :)

    New follower! :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've just added this to my wishlist, it looks fantastic!

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete