Sunday, September 26, 2010

2011: Top Five Most Wanted

I'm sure you know Princess Bookie is starting off her Contest Craze. Officially, it kicks off tomorrow, but right now you can do a mini challenge for a prize pack. Honestly, this is something I would do even without the incentive of books. This one? Listing your top 5 most wanted books of 2011. Face it, 2011 is going to be an phenomenal year in YA.

5. A Need so Beautiful by Suzanne Young: This one doesn't have a cover yet, and isn't coming out until June, but it is going to be amazing I'm sure. The basic premise: A girl has a Need to do good things for others, but as time passes with each new act, she's at risk to fade away and be forgotten completely. This gives new meaning to kindness kills. Add in the unavoidable romance that comes with all of Suzanne's writing, and this has all the makings for something fantastic.


4. Clarity by Kim Harrington: Smoldering son is in the premise. Do you really need anything else? Okay fine. The cover is beautiful. The premise sounds so fantastic. Maybe it has hints of things in other books but its already clear how much Kim has made this her own thing. Murder mystery. Sexy, wait smoldering boys. Paranormal aspect. Sign me up.

3. Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz: I've pretty much been vying for this one since I found out about it a good while ago. I loved Break, and I adore Hannah's voice. Her writing is so raw and straight forward. Though the cover is nice and sexy, I have no doubt this isn't a fluffy summer romance and I look forward to what Hannah has in store with it.


2. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford: Part of my jonesing for this one comes from a few people telling me how good it is- people I trust. But when the premise has a boy who saunters, well, that's much like smoldering. Yes. Please. Now, hot guy aside, this one sounds like a fantastic spin on the heaven/hell stories out there.

1. Where She Went by Gayle Forman: I loved If I Stay. It was emotional and beautiful, with the perfect ending. So to get something now, later, in Adam's POV? I am over the moon with excitement and cannot wait to get my hands on this one.

3 comments:

  1. A Need So Beautiful has an amazing premise; I hope this is a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books sound great... I haven't even started thinking about the books of 2011 yet.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...

    Invincible Summer has a beautiful cover!

    I have if i stay so i will definitely have to read it soon in anticipation of where she went


    MUST HAVE a touch mortal!!

    ReplyDelete