Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford, coming from Greenwillow books February 22, 2011.

Summary:
Eden didn’t expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else’s game. Her heart is her own.

And that’s only the beginning of the end.

My Thoughts: Awesome cover. Even more awesome premise. I mean, it's snarky already. That screams awesome humor. Also, Eden? Much underused but awesome name. And then Az. He saunters? Down the beach? Yes. Please. Give me some of that. Yeah, yeah, I don't know anything else about him. But he saunters. That's seriously hot. And if its a beach... then he just might be shirtless and if he has wings... well, that's sexy. See? This is one to read. I'm sure of it.

7 comments:

  1. This looks great, so far away though!!

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to be an interesting read. I hope you get your book and that you enjoy it. Check out what I am Waiting on Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plots sounds intriguing! Will be looking forward to reviews for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick for WoW! This book sounds great and the cover is beautiful!

    Check out my WoW here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here!

    I've never heard of this one before... it sounds interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on it!

    Check mine out here:
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2010/09/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would have picked this up purely for the cover...and then i read the summary...

    I MUST HAVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete