Sunday, November 8, 2009

In My Mailbox (2) and Update

I am going to kill two birds with one stone and post one big thing for my week.

First off, In My Mailbox, originally started and hosted by The Story Siren.

There was a great surprise waiting for me this week, courtesy of Razorbill. I actually ordered some books from Amazon and when I was looking at my leasing office for one of the packages, I came across another that had been sitting there for 2 weeks. WEEKS! I was ticked off that I never received a notice from FedEx on my door (either they didn't leave it, or it got taken off or blown off) and my apartment people don't monitor the packages at all so I didn't ever get a courtesy call saying I had a package. But, it was a VERY nice birthday present since I discovered it on my birthday. So, the two books I received for review (links to Amazon):
Beautiful Americans by Lucy Silag
The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate (Review already up)

Now for the books I ordered on Amazon:



The Maze Runner: James Dashner

Never Cry Werewolf: Heather Davis
Ruined: Paula Morris
Going Bovine: Libba Bray
Give Up The Ghost: Megan Crewe
Leviathan: Scott Westerfeld

So, what did you get in your mailbox?


Now for my weekly update of all things, well, me I suppose. One of the two people who is reading my novel as I get it written went on a road trip with me yesterday in search of the small town I want to set my novel in. It was a success- my town is picked, complete with a cute town square and a population of about 3000. When my other editor/critiquer gets back in the states in January, we will take another road trip out there to explore it even more and scope out a few other things since we had several towns on our agenda yesterday to hit up. Although we spent almost 11 hours in the car, it was a success.

I also came up with a title for my first novel and though I don't have the exact titles of the 2nd and 3rd books, I know what they are going to come from, I just have to pick the names. I am definitely excited for that though- a million kinds of it, actually. I have finished chapter four and am working out a few things for chapter 5 in my head so in the mean time, I have been revising chapter 4 and on the road trip yesterday, we made a list of several things from earlier I need to go back and check on and revise and change for consistency of things. Although I am still pretty tired today from it, it was definitely worth it.

And finally, I have finally hit 50 followers which is amazing! I am working on the contest I am setting up for it so those details will be coming very soon- if not today, then tomorrow for sure so stay tuned and again, THANK YOU! I really do appreciate it- it was a great surprise to come home to last night from 11 hours in the car.

3 comments:

  1. Great books you got this week. I have RUined and Going Bovine to read. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leviathan is really good and Never Cry Werewolf and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove look great too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete