Saturday, March 6, 2010

In My Mailbox + Update

It's been a great week for me. I've gotten several books for review and am working on setting up author chats on my forum. This week, the brilliant author behind Dirty Little Secrets, CJ Omololu, is slated to stop by the forum Wed, March 10 at 8 CST!! Whether you've read the book or not, come stop by! It's guaranteed to be exciting.

I've also started on a new WIP. Addict Boy is almost done- I just have to make myself transfer all the changes I made on paper over to the computer documents... but that means deciphering my scribble scrabble and I keep putting it off. A new kid has started talking to me though and I've gotten the brilliant twist that will come later in the story already in mind and Thursday, I wrote out his prologue. I'm toying with how to start Chapter 1 but it will come. My first WIP, before Addict Boy (And no, that is not the title, I haven't decided on a good one yet- Addict Boy is just my endearing name for the kid) has been pretty ignored but he hasn't been talking to me. Soon enough, however, I will make my way back to that guy. After the new kid. When I get the first draft of the new kid finished, you guys can probably expect some kind of contest because I will probably be on a total high about it haha.

This weekend is also when the boards on my book forum open to everything and not just the set books each week. This week's featured Tenner is, of course, CJ, but if you read an amazing book and have a burning need to talk about it- and face it, we all get that way- now you have an outlet.

I think that's about it for my updates... I'm gearing myself towards these author chats as well as author interviews for my blog and it's brought back my strong reading drive, particularly because although I have no problem doing interviews for books I haven't read, I love gearing my questions towards the book- which means reading, reading, reading. Woo! =)

And now... without further ado... onto what showed up in mailbox this week, which was a GREAT week! IMM is a weekly hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

For Review:

Arson by Estevan Vega (Thanks Estevan)
Exit Strategy by Ryan Potter (Thanks Ryan)
Numbers by Rachel Ward (Thanks Rachel)
A Little Wanting Song by Catch Crowley (Thanks Cath)
Poor Little Bitch Girl by Jackie Collins (Thanks St. Martins Press)
Death Of A Cure by Steven H. Jackson (Thanks Yorkshire Publishing)
The Breath of Allah by Tempest O'Rourke (Thanks Phenix & Phenix)


Won:
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink (Signed!!)
Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway
Walk of the Spirits by Richie Tankersley Cusick


Bought from Amazon:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Token of Darkness by Amelia Altwater-Rhodes
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

27 comments:

  1. Wow! you got some amazing books this week. Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh awesome books! I loved Prophecy of the Sisters and Before I Fall :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you entered my Before I fall purchase contest? you can find the link on my stick post. You already bought it so you mine as well enter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of Prophecy of the Sisters! I am probably going to read Before I Fall, which I am dying for. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant week! Can't wait to see what you think of Before I Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, lots of awesome books! Toby looks so happy in the last picture! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pics as always! he looks so proud!! I'm jealous that you got prophecy of the sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a week! You're loaded! xD

    Audrey, wait! is such a great read. You should start THAT one! ;)

    I was at B&N today and looked at Finnikin of The Rock-it's really pretty in person. As well as Before I Fall! Your dog looks so cute, especially in the last two. He's all smiley :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great books this week. How will you choose where to start? Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow soooo many great books! I loved Audrey, Wait the most. Enjoy : D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got a great selection of books! I've been wanting to read Before I Fall and I've heard good things about Finnikin of the Rock. I hope you enjoy all your books.

    Here is what's in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pile of books this week - far too many great ones to spotlight anyone in particular - look forward to reading your reviews of these titles!

    PS: So great to see your dog loves the camera - my dog runs away the moment the camera comes out of its case, she is terrified of the flash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost picked up Poor Little Bitch Girl when I saw it at the store this week. Can't wait to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you got so many books that are on my wishlist! Prophecy of the Sister and Token of Darknes are two that I really want to read.

    Here's what I got: Not-Really-Southern Vamp Chick

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read Before I Fall and the Chloe Neill books. Hope you enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers, those are some amazing books, especially Before I Fall, Audrey Wait, Numbers and Poor Little Bitch Girl! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, awesome books this week!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome books! I've heard Exit Strategy is great,

    Hope you enjoy them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! You had an awesome book week :) Enjoy reading all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm happy you received Prophecy of the Sisters, Walk of the Spirits, and Audrey, Wait! I have to say that Toby looks particularly happy to see those books :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got Before I Fall too! I am tempted to read Num8ers, but I'm not sure yet... hopefully some of you that got it will review it soon and I can make up my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute picture! I love the puppy! Have a great week in reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great haul! I keep reading great reviews of Before I Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lots of good books this week! Can't wait to read the reviews for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You lucky girl!! I SO want Arson and Little Wanting Song!! I think I may break down and buy Before I fall this week, too. Enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really want to read the Chloe Niell books. Here's Mine.

    ReplyDelete