Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


This week's WoW pick is The Nightmarys by Dan Poblocki.

Summary: Timothy has a secret. And it's giving him nightmares. Abigail Tremens has a problem. Her nightmares are haunting her... while she is awake. When they team up for a school project,
they don't realize that Abigail's past and Timothy's present are making them the target of a terrible curse. A curse that turns their worst fears to reality. But their fears are just the beginning. The curse stems from a strange artifact that gains strength by devouring the human soul. And it needs to feed again.

My Thoughts: Creepy in all the right ways. I read Poblocki's The Stone Child which I really enjoyed despite being more middle grade and even if this one is middle grade, Dan writes in a way that doesn't make you feel too much like you're reading MG. His plot, at least in that one, was brilliant and well thought out and the premise of this one gives me high hopes for the same thing. Not to mention, the cover is incredible and would certainly draw my eye in the store.

Details:
Reading level: Ages 9-12
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers (August 24, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 037584256X
ISBN-13: 978-0375842566

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. My lovers of scary books will eat this up. But such a long wait until August!

    My Waiting on Wednesday (or Want to Read Wednesday) post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan on scary stories but this one does sound very interesting o.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound creepy, I likey it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard of this today and I think it sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is seriously creepy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh i like it! you have an award at my blog

    http://readingthebestofthebest.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-award_10.html

    ReplyDelete