Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Stalker Girl by Rosemary Graham.

Summary: Carly never meant to become a stalker. She just wanted to find out who Brian started dating after he dumped her. But a little harmless online research turns into a quick glance, and that turns into an afternoon of watching. Soon Carly is putting all of her energy into following Brian’s new girlfriend—all of the sadness she feels about her mom’s recent breakup, all of the anger she feels over being pushed aside by her dad while he prepares for his new wife’s new baby. When Carly’s stalking is discovered in the worst possible way by the worst possible person, she is forced to acknowledge her problem and the underlying issues that led to it.

My Thoughts: I really like the idea behind this because even if we don't act on it like Carly, how many of us have thoughts after a break up of who he's with now, what's he doing, how is he getting on without me. We can even convince ourselves it's okay to check. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I love that those ideas are the premise for this one. Add in the other hard to deal with, emotional stuff and I think this one will be a hit.

Details:
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 208 pages
Publisher: Viking Juvenile (August 5, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0670063037
ISBN-13: 978-0670063031

6 comments:

  1. This one looks really different, I cant wait to hear what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good! I've never seen anything quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds unique, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts once you read it. Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to have a copy of this. It sounds AMAZING! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you're anticipating this book too lol :) I love that a girl stalking a guy, usually it's the other way around..so very refreshing right?

    ReplyDelete