Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Possession by Elana Johnson, coming June 2011 from Simon & Schuster.

Summary: Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.

My Thoughts: First, I love dystopians. Second, I love the brainwashing idea, and the arranged marriage concept set in this backdrop. Third, with the hope of a love triangle, this one definitely seems like it is taking several great plot devices and concepts and weaving them together in a new way. The cover is also really great- simple, but I think it says a lot and holds a huge meaning.

14 comments:

  1. Definitely can't wait for this one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about this one! I love dystopians, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I haven't heard of this book yet. Its sounds really interesting. I love dystopians and love triangles!
    Do you know if this is going to be a series?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! I haven't heard of this one until now. The cover is amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really good, I'll be looking forward to this one too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the 2nd time I've seen this. Sounds like something I would love. I am in Austin, close to you. Viva Texas!

    Hope you come by and see my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my pick this week too - can't wait to read it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one's been on my wishlist for a while now, but it's the first time I've seen that detailed a description. Awesome, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of his one but it looks really really good! I will have to put it on my TBR list right away! Great pick!!

    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, I'm thrilled you can't wait for my book! There are not words to express my love! <3

    And as of this moment, this is a stand alone novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this one on tons of blogs today! I'm definitely looking forward to it, as well! Elana is awesome- I love following her on Twitter.

    Here's what I'm waiting for this week!

    ReplyDelete