Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Chasing Alliecat by Rebecca Fjelland Davis, coming February 8, 2011 from Flux.

Summary: Sadie Lester has been dumped with relatives for the summer. Boredom seems inevitable in her small Minnesota town until she meets Allie—a spiky-haired off-road biker with incredible grace and speed. Training for the upcoming bike race, Allie leads Sadie and cute fellow cyclist Joe up and down Mount Kato—an exhilarating rush that pushes their limits. The fun ends abruptly when they stray off the trail and find a priest, badly beaten and near death. After calling for help, Allie mysteriously disappears from their lives.

Just like the trash littering the beautiful river bluffs, there's something foul afoot. Creepy rednecks are prowling the woods, the same ones who ran Sadie and Allie off the road one night. It's not until the day of the big race that Sadie finally learns the startling truth about Allie, her connection to the priest, and what drove her into hiding.

My Thoughts: I love the biking aspect of this one- it isn't a very used activity in YA so far but it definitely can make for some interesting scenes and points. The priest angle adds an interesting twist with so many unpredictable possibilities, and this premise alone gives plenty of mystery and I'm completely intrigued. The cover is eye catching, sticking with the biking thing but still looks dangerous. This is one I definitely will be picking up come release day!

7 comments:

  1. The cover is awesome! I like the sound of this book. Great pick :)

    You can see what I'm waiting on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this one sounds wayyyy to creepy for me! I was thinking about biking in the summer and wouldn't be able to deal with the creepy images :P

    And you're right, the cover is very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've heard of this. I need to put in on my list. Thx!
    Hope you come by and see my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had this one as my pick last week and I totally agree with you that the priest angle and the biking is pretty intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.
    Come and link reviews of books with a war/battle element on this week's Read My War Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, curious about the book. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete