Saturday, April 3, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Alright so, I kinda failed on not buying books this week. I couldn't help it, they looked good... I made the mistake of going to a different Half Price. But, hey, found some great titles and probably will stop another one that's a little bit aways when I go by it on the way to see my parents today =P

For Review:
Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey
The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride
Thief Eyes by Janni Lee Simner
The Owl Keeper by Christine Brodien-Jones
WEREling by Steve Feasey
She Thief by Daniel Finn
(Very special thanks to Bloosmbury, Egmont, Janni, Christine and Fiewel & Friends for these titles)


Bought at Half Price Books:
You Know Where To Find Me by Rachel Cohn
Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen
Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
Gentleman by Michael Northrop
What I Saw And How I Lied by Judy Blundell
Surrender by Sonya Hartnet
You Don't Know Me by David Klass
Deadline by Christ Crutcher
Runner by Carl Deuker

Bought at Barnes & Noble
The Feather Series by Abra Ebner (Feather, Guardian & Raven)
Parallel: The Life of Patient 32185 by Abra Ebner

*Note: No beagles were harmed in the making of this post. All beagles were compensated with attention/love and Beggin Strips. All beagles were provided their five minutes of glowering and pouting after said reward. Basically, for those of you that ask- Toby is shockingly tolerant of me piling books on him and if bribery is required, he is paid handsomely. And whether he resists or not, I always reward him for letting me do this. Oh, and he does have a habit of licking/sniffing the books, especially the used ones. Given time, I'm sure he would chew them but he doesn't get the opportunity. In other words, I'll keep tormenting the kid like this and he'll keep acting like he hates it even though he's eyeing the bag of treats the whole time*

27 comments:

  1. Fab mailbox!
    I wonder if I can get my hamster to star in mine one week :D
    Here's my Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I bought What I Saw And How I Lied this week!
    And OMG! OMG!! I am so jealous! You have got so many absolutely wonderful books there! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a great selection of books this week & Toby is adorable!! Hope you have a fab week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so many wonderful books! Lucky! Enjoy them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week Kari! I like your little know on the bottom about Toby, made me laugh :) Oh and is that Guitar Hero in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of books I want to read!!! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear what you think of all these, especially Twisted. Awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You keep receiving such excellent books. I REALLY look forward to your reviews. Happy reading Kari! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, you got The Tension of Opposites, I'm jealous! :D Along for the Ride was great and I can't wait to read What I Saw and How I Lied myself!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's a fantastic haul! happy reading and have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thief Eyes and Blood Feud are both on my TBR list. Along for the Ride is one of my favorites. Sarah Dessen is a fantastic author.

    I hope you enjoy your books. I look forward to your reviews.

    Here is my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the books you received this week Kari! I hope you enjoy them all! Glad to see that Toby is still being a good sport! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Toby! lol. Great books this week. I'm really jealous of The Tension of Opposites and Along for the Ride. I have and need to read What I Saw and How I Lied. Happy reading.

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing how your beagle poses in the pictures so cute. Buying books is an addiction and It can't be stopped, I've tried.

    Great books this week enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the disclaimer about Toby. xDDDD!

    Very nice haul this week! I know, it's so hard resisting books (especially when they're cheaper...) but hey, at least it's a GOOD ADDICTION. (Like your blog says!)

    Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson=amazing. Can't wait until you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the cover to The Owl Keeper!

    Check out my IMM at http://tinyurl.com/ykayasy

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! Blood Feud and WEREling for review!!=) Great books and I am totally looking forward to them!!=)



    Enjoy!!
    Chasity @
    Lovin' & Livin' Life in the 808

    ReplyDelete
  18. Along for the Ride is awesome and I can't wait to read tension of opposites.

    Check out my mailbox for the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. *lol* I like the first pic. He looks incredibly adorable! And yes, I've to admit that you pile of books look very adorable too ;) How I wish mine could look like that one day! Happy reading and hope you have a blast this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahahaha no beagles were harmed in the making!!!

    Ooh Blood Feud and The Tension Opposite look good.
    Wereling 0_______0 Cool!! Enjoy, Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you got loads of great books this week! I really enjoyed Along for the Ride and I hope you do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to read The Owl Keeper, Wereling, The Tension of Opposites, and She Thief! You scored some great books this week! Is your dog perhaps beagle-dachshund? Mine is, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! You got yourself a few great books there! :D Have fun reading them!

    Kathrin @ Secret Dreamworld of a Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL, loving the doggy book blanket. I hope that you will enjoy your books. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm in love with your dog! What a cutie!! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete