Friday, April 2, 2010

March Wrap Up

This month wasn't too bad for me in terms of reading although I admit, I am behind on posting my reviews now. I've also decided to gear my blog, in general, towards spotlighting authors and not only their books. I'm working on doing more interviews, particularly with authors who have books that are coming out rather than older, already released ones. Keeping with this, I'm also scheduling a lot more chats on my book forum- trying to stress the notion that the author and the book are very separate and even if you don't end up liking a book, you can still like and support the author.

I did a decent amount of reading in March and hope to keep with this pace in April although I am going to Vegas for a few days which will cut into my reading time- but definitely worth it! Here's my list of books read, linked to their reviews assuming I've posted it already:
  1. Arson: Estevan Vega
  2. Exit Strategy: Ryan Potter
  3. Hourglass: Claudia Gray
  4. If I Stay: Gayle Foreman
  5. Scars: Cheryl Rainfield
  6. Rules of Attraction: Simone Elkeles
  7. Uninvited: Amanda Marrone
  8. Split: Swati Avathi
  9. First Daughter: Eric Van Lustbader
  10. Prey: Lurlene McDaniel
  11. Party: Tom Leveen
  12. Birthmarked: Caragh O'Brien
  13. Last Snow: Eric Van Lustbader
  14. Hex Hall: Rachel Hawkins
  15. Lost It: Kristen Tracy
  16. Poor Little Bitch Girl: Jackie Collins
  17. Cat The Vamp: Christine Martine
Author Interviews and Guest Posts this month:
  1. Dia Reeves
  2. Julie Ann Peters
  3. Ryan Potter
  4. Swati Avasthi
  5. Bree Despain
Finally, I post a rant adding my two cents to not only the debate about what to post, when to post, how to run your blog... but the content of YA books. Check it out here if you haven't yet.

I also decided this month to rewrite my WIP, which is coming along nicely. I have just 2-3 more chapters until the draft is done, then plan to get through 2 rounds of revisions before sending it out to a few beta/critique readers. I am definitely excited to get feedback on it and while I'm waiting on that, I will launch into 1 of 2 ideas that are percolating in my head. One will by dystopian, likely rather demented and definitely not for everyone, and the other is more contemporary.

I think that's about it for updates in the life of Kari... I can't believe 2010 is already 1/4 of the way over! That's definitely crazy but so far, it's been a good year for me.

How did everyone else do in March and what does your April plans look like?

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you had a great month.. :)
    I had a lot of fun reading your posts too :)

    ReplyDelete