Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tributing Thursdays

Author Heidi R. Kling had the great idea to devote a week to authors, letting the fans publicly recognize and appreciate them. I thought this was a great idea but sat here wondering, why do they only get a week? No matter the end result, all authors work hard whether they are just starting out or holding years of experience. To keep this notion alive, I'm going to be making a weekly appreciation post. You're welcome to do to the same- I encourage it! Stop by here and comment with your link!

This week I've settled on Amy Efaw, the author of after. After making her debut into the writing world with a book centered around her experiences at West Point, Amy spent 7 years juggling her five children and working on After- a stunning novel centered around infant abandonment in trashcans. Her road to becoming a writer is most definitely unique, having met her husband at West Point and balanced being newlyweds with owing the army 5 years of service after graduation. There's also those five kids that started making their appearance, even before her Active Duty was up. Personally, I think her story is amazing and the fact she finds time to write, be a good wife and raise five kids is amazing. Not to mention the rough topic she chose to tackle for After.

Want to know more? Check out Amy's Website.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I loved After. It was nice to know a little bit more about Amy Efaw. Awesome post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to do Tribute Thursdays! I'll definitely try to join in next week (I need a bit of time to get my brain in gear to do a post LOL!).

    I hadn't heard of Amy Efaw's book before but it sounds like I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation :o)

    ReplyDelete