Saturday, April 10, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

I went to Half Price... again. But in my defense, they had just opened up a brand spanking new one and it was on my way to see my parents at the lake last weekend. Poor defense but... I am such an impulse book buyer. Not as much for review this week but I made up for it (even if it was last weekend but eh) with what I bought haha. Also on a side note... I know the fonts for my posts are all kinds of jacked up right now. It's blogger's fault. Apparently my font default doesn't matter and it randomly is using Times on its own. Even if I try to change the default, no matter what I change it to, the Times stuff sticks even in the preview. I don't get it. It annoys me. It looks bad. I'm sorry. Now on to my book induction.


For Review:

Linger by Maggie Steifvater
Jackson by T.P. Jones
The Gamble by T.P. Jones
The Alexandria Letter by George Honig

Bought at Half Price Books:
Teach Me by R.A. Nelson
Catch by Will Leitch
Aimee by Mary Beth Miller
The Insiders by J Minter
The Insiders: Break every Rule by J Minter
Aurelia by Anne Osterlund
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
Red is for Remembrance by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Becoming Chloe by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Thicker Than Water by Carla Jablonksi

Ordered on Amazon:
The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Bought at Walmart:
If I Stay by Gayle Foreman (Read the HC from the library- now I own it!)
Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott
Beautiful Dead: Jonas by Eden Maguire

Library:
House Rules by Jodi Picoult (Ahh! Finally I got it!!!!)

And this next photo is what happens when you take too long to snap pictures, thinking you can get a better one and your model gives up. My carefully laid out set of books went down in a heap and all he did was sit up. Sigh. Oh, and stick his tongue out at me. Punk. Of course, I did sneak u on him when he was snoring away in the corner... so maybe I deserved it. And yes, he still got his Beggin Strips. And again, no beagle/bassets (bagels?) were harmed in the making of this IMM.


That's my week... what did everyone else get?

25 comments:

  1. So many books, The dog is in heaven! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Linger, lucky duck!!! Aurelia was good, and The Reckoning was awesome. I hope you enjoy all your books. Happy Reading XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linger!!!!! I can't wait foe your review on that! You got alot of good ones this week. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mailbox - You've gto some great books there!
    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul...I'm so jealous of you with Linger! I can't wait for that one to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I Stay is very good. You're doing the 100+ reading challenge too! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linger??? Oh, I am SO jealous. I'm dying to read that. You've also got tons of other books. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Kari! Just popping over from The Saturday Network. Your IMM is enviable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something, Maybe, Becoming Chloe, Aurelia, Teach Me, and How I Live Now are all books I've been wanting to read! I also want to read Beautiful Dead but I've heard some negative and mixed reviews on it and one excellent one so I'm a bit cautious of it. Still plan to read it though. Excellent books this week and happy reading. :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of good books this week! Authors must love us impulse buyers eh? ;) I hope you enjoy all of the books you received, and I can't wait to read your reviews on them! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah Kari, poor Toby. You put him in a trapped corner with a bunch of books lol. Great stuff though, happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa, what an amazing week! So many awesome books up there. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books you got this week. So many awesome titles. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okkkkk....is that a real dog?! He behaves soo good. If I do that to Cotton (my dog) I think he will do something like pee on purpose around the books, hehe

    Yo got many many books, I hope you enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. doggie!! FANTASTIC week! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linger!! Lucky you! :D So many amazing books. =D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so many books this week!

    Something, Maybe looks awesome, I'm yet to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, so many great books there! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought the Reckoning too! And you got LINGER, ahhh so jealous!

    As always, your dog is so adorable, MOAR dog pictures plz.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read Linger. And I see you're currently reading The Owl Keeper...the cover is gorgeous and I really want to read that book, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great books! I can't wait for your reviews :) Beautiful Dead: Jonas was pretty good, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy cow that's a lot of books! I'm a little jealous. :) Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  23. JEALOUS! such great books this week. Do you know any other bloggers in Texas? I just moved to SE texas, so lame by the way, and am looking to find some bloggers to befriend. ha, i sound kinds desperate! anyways, love your blog, even with the times font, its still cool. check my site out if you get a chance.

    http://cryhavocandturnthepage.blogspot.com

    thanks- MissHavoc

    ReplyDelete
  24. YAY for books, some great ones too. Many great ones. And poor Toby lol. Oh well, he's earning his keep now, good boy! lol

    and I have to say YAY, we both got Linger this week. I haven't started it yet. It's been hard not to, but I have other review books I need to read first.

    Have fun reading all those!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, so jealous...you have LINGER!!! And many other cool books. BTW I'm stopping by b/c I'm mentioning you on my blog for a little blog hopping : )

    HAPPY readings!!!

    ReplyDelete