Sunday, October 2, 2011

2011 Releases: Top Five

Admittedly, yes, this post is for a mini challenge but mostly, I just wanted to talk about the five books from 2011 that I have loved the most.... which is incredibly hard to narrow down. I'm doing only books released in 2011 that I actually read this year (which knocks out some of my faves that I read as ARCs in 2010....), so let's get to it!




5. Hourglass by Myra McEntire: Brilliant and mind blowing with a concept that is seriously difficult to wrap your mind around when you start trying to think of the little details. Then there's the fantastic characters... and Kaleb. Nekkid Kaleb. Yes please.

4. Eve by Anna Carey: A world so different from ours, yet so easy to imagine, with a fantastic plot, awesome writing, and stellar characterization. This one will grab you from page one and won't let go, and then there's the ending... so intense.



3. Leverage by Joshua C. Cohen: Boy book! Two boy POVs, actually, but more than that... wow, just. Wow. This one puts a great spin on bullying, but takes it so much deeper than that too. It's hard to really describe the depth and amazement that comes with this book, but it is so fantastic.



2. A Need so Beautiful by Suzanne Young: Emotional and unique in concept. This one is just phenomenal, holding so much depth and intricacy that is both gutting and wowing. Not to mention Harlin... one of the hottest boys around and oh so lickable.

1. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma: Mysterious, intense, and engaging... this one has gorgeous writing and a fantastically well done story line. Sure, you might predict some of the stuff along the way but honestly? That isn't the point with this one, and that's what makes it even better. Even if you don't have a sister, the sisters bond in this one will resonate with you.

4 comments:

  1. I own a copy of Hourglass but I haven't read it yet. I also want to read Eve. I am glad to see that they are in your top 5 for 2011. I hadn't heard of Leverage before but it is one that I think I'll have to order for the library. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good books! My current 2011 favs are Witch Eyes, Iron Knight, Anna Dressed in Blood, and Clean.


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hourglass and Imaginary Girls are both on my Must Read list - good to see you liked them so much. Makes me want to run out and get them now ;)

    ReplyDelete