Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is All These Lives by Sarah Wylie, coming June 5, 2012 from Farrar, Straus and Giroux.

Summary: Sixteen-year-old Dani is convinced she has nine lives. As a child she twice walked away from situations where she should have died. But Dani’s twin, Jena, isn’t so lucky. She has cancer and might not even be able to keep her one life. Dani’s father is in denial. Her mother is trying to hold it together and prove everything’s normal. And Jena is wasting away.

To cope, Dani sets out to rid herself of all her extra lives. Maybe they’ll be released into the universe and someone who wants to live more than she does will get one. Someone like Jena. But just when Dani finds herself at the breaking point, she’s faced with a startling realization. Maybe she doesn’t have nine lives after all. Maybe she really only ever had one.



My Thoughts: I don't even know what to really say about this concept and premise, besides wow. Love the nine lives elimination thing, then being faced with what is maybe quite obvious- there is really only one. This one sounds absolutely intense and emotional and amazing, and I so cannot wait. I want to see the relationship between Dani and Jena, see the family dynamic, and see how Dani handles everything that is obviously being thrown at her. And I love this cover, it's so simple and gorgeous, and totally appealing, and I think it will end up being even more amazing after reading the book. Um. I want. Now.

20 comments:

  1. Great Pick Kari! It sounds really interesting:)

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the premise sounds great. Going on my TBR list asap.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this one sounds great. I've never heard of it before, either!

    Here's my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like my kind of book. And I really like the cover! Great pick. :)

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, here's mine http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely has an original premise and I am intrigued by the how the protagonist comes to realize that the life she has might be the only one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really unique and like a wonderful story. Definitely need to take a closer look at it.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an original premise!
    Hope it lives up to your expectations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of this one! Cover is amazing though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is new to me. I hope you don't have to wait too long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely want to read this. Here's my WOW of the week - Miranda Kenneally's CATCHING JORDAN:

    http://hilarywgraham.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/waiting-on-wednesday-catching-jordan-by-miranda-kineally/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes this sounds awesome I love the cover!! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I've heard about this one! It sounds like a definite tear-jerker and totally heart-wrenching. I hope it's as good as it sounds!

    -Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick and nice cover. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick, it's new to me!

    Our WOW is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree with you. The plot of this novel looks unique. I can't wait to read it. Totally adding it to my TBR list!

    -Sky
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a very original concept! Thanks for giving me the heads up on "All These Lives." Great choice!

    Come check out my WoW post this week: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-5-angel-of.html.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds good! Thanks for the heads up.

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete