First off, Simple Life and Reading as well as Extreme Reader Book Reviews have passed on the Happy 101 award- I make you guys happy? *blushes and gets all awkward like a 12 year old being complimented by a guy* Okay now that that's over.... thank you- I really like the idea behind this particular award.
The rules for this award are as follows:
- List 10 things that make you happy.
- Try and do at least one of them today.
- Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
- Link back to the person that tagged you!
- Finishing a chapter on one of the now two novels I am working on- such an amazing feeling to actually be DONE with a chappie.
- Getting ideas in my head for scenes or parts of a book and just spending time planning it- I tend to see them as movie clips in my head and I love letting it play out
- My dog, as I am sure you can imagine (most of the time, sometimes he's a brat but shh)
- Fuzzy, warm socks on a cold, rainy day
- Spending time with friends
- Buying books, even if I already have over 100 sitting on my shelves at home needing to be read
- Bubble baths
- Seeing new people sign up for my book club forum
- When author's take the time to comment on my blog- a happy dance ensues every time
- RPing, though the person I RPed with the most has pulled out of the online world but that just means more time to write
Jenn at Book Crazy
Lori at Pure Imagination
Jenn at Books at Midnight
Lucy at Delightful Reviews
Sherry at Flippin Pages for All Ages
Eleni at La Femme Readers
Natalie at Mindful Musings
Michelle at Michelle's Bookshelf
Kelsey at The Book Scout
Steph at Steph The Bookworm
Next up.... Willing To See Less has passed on the Honest Scrap award to me. I am supposed to list 10 honest things about myself (on top of the 30 I did awhile ago, this might get boring and if I repeat some, just know its obviously REALLY honest haha) and pass it on to 10 bloggers.
- I have recently discovered the Andes Creme De Menthe cookies- they put the Girl Scouts to shame with these ones. They are *amazing*.
- I really hate cleaning, especially by myself. Even now, I am staring at my apartment going 'Dang, I really need to clean' but instead, I am talking to people online and working on this.
- I am awesome at card games, and usually win the ones that take speed, strategy and skill.
- Even though I don't particularly like kids and plan to never have my own (9 months of a parasite living in you and then having to push said parasite- something the size of a melon- out something the size of a keyhold? Or the not so great alternative of being flayed to get it out? No thank you.), if I ever have the money, the house set up, and a supportive hubby, I want to adopt an older kid- around 8 or 9. If I really have the money, I want to do adopt a teen despite the emotional problems that come with them because I hate the fact that they are stuck in the system and no one wants them.
- I realized the other night working on call with one of the radiologists how good I've gotten at reading CTs. That was a snazzy feeling, to tell him before he looked at it that all the patient had was a tiny, nonobstructing right renal stone. Though then he made fun of me because I didn't even try and find the chick's appendix- but that thing moves, and it's hard to find, it just happened to be obvious on this one. He killed the high. But gosh darnit, I was right on the other stuff! Then again, renal stones are kind of easy to see- though this one was really small, so it was harder... but I see stuff on other CTs too. Woot. But would you want me doing the actual reading on your CT? Probably not.
- I suck at ironing. My mom never taught me how and I just can't seem to master it. I don't know why. But I am sure I do it in a really long, roundabout way that takes longer than it should. And yeah, I suck at it.
- I've recently discovered country singer Matt Stillwell and am now obsessed with two of his songs on his Shine CD- Damn This Rain and Moment of Weakness. Love them....
- My friends don't let me mix their drinks at parties. I always do it way too strong and they can't even get it down. If I don't put too much liquor in though, they love it- I mix some pretty snazzy and awesome concoctions. Alcoholic smoothies are a particular specialty of mine.
- I've never bought a lottery ticket. The few times I thought about it was too late at night and they wouldn't sell it to me. Though I have done scratch offs. But the actual Texas lotto? Can't say I have.
- I'm a total night owl and deprive myself of sleep all week. I stay up till 1 or 2 then get up at 630 and try not to fall asleep at work....
Now to pass this on to 10 other bloggers:
Reversing the Monotony
Wicked Awesome Books
The Book Butterfly
Teens Read and Write
Shut Up! I'm Reading
My Reading Addiction
Monster of Books