Friday, January 29, 2010

Barkings From A Beagle (5)

Barkings From A Beagle is a weekly feature to recommend/spotlight a book, new or old. Since I already spotlight Toby in my IMM posts, I figured I could incorporate him into this as well. Basically, Toby and I just tell you guys about a book and why I loved it, as well as provide links to buy it from the main booksellers.

Toby Barks: Read Revealers by Amanda Marrone!

Summary (From amazon.com):

Witchin' ain't easy.

Jules has a rebellious streak, a massive crush on Connor, and the abilities of a Revealer witch. By day, she and her coven friends seem like typical high school seniors. By night, they have the power to make werewolves, vampires, and ghosts reveal themselves, so they can destroy them. It's not exactly cheerleading, but at least the girls know they're doing the world some good.

One by one, Jules's friends turn eighteen and are initiated into the coven's inner circle. And one by one, they are getting completely freaked out. Jules is the youngest, and though her friends are too scared tell her what's going on, something's clearly not right. As her birthday approaches, Jules realizes she's got to find out what's behind the shadows of her coven before it's too late to save her friends...and herself. But what she discovers may be too powerful for even the toughest witches to defeat.

My Thoughts:

This was a quick read but I really enjoyed it. The story has a few interesting twists in it and a certain element of wtf that's messed up which just made it even better. It's been awhile since I've read this one, but I thought it was very well done. The characters each had their own personalities and things progressed at a pretty decent rate.

Details:
Paperback, 288 pages
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
September 30, 2008
ISBN13: 9781416958741
ISBN: 1416958746
BINC: 9511409
Age: 14 and up

6 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of it but looks good. Toby is so damn cute I'll anything he recs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my TBR shelf..can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my students would enjoy this one - thanks for the review. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this, and it looks pretty good. I think I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the short, concise review! I don't know if I'll necessarily buy it, a book has to be more than just fun and fast to warrant a purchase from me. I'll definitely consider checking it out sometime though! :)

    ReplyDelete