Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting To Know The Little Guys (6)

Getting To Know The Little Guys is a feature I do weekly to spotlight small blogs with less than 100 followers. There is a huge crop of new blogs out there- mine being one of them but I have been lucky enough to gain a pretty quick following- but small doesn't mean bad. My goal is for my readers to read these weekly posts, get to know the bloggers a little more, and start finding some awesome new blogs that they might not have otherwise known about. And face it- there is a huge competitive edge to book blogging these days, especially for ARCs. Yes, the ARCs are nice when they come but I think a lot of us really are here to just express our views on books and book related things- this feature also is intended to bring that focus back.

Today I've got the lovely Corrine from Lost for Words here with me. She is a new blogger but a very awesome person and an even more awesome member of my book forum. =D

Hello everyone!

First off I'd like to say thank you to Kari for featuring me on her blog! I was really excited when Kari contacted me and asked if I would be interested in being featured. I immediately said yes, and was then panic-stricken when I realized I have no idea what to say to grab everyone's attention. So, I'll just start with who I am and go from there! :)

My name is Corrine, and I'm a 26-year-old from Southern Ontario, Canada. If you triangulate Toronto, Niagara Falls, and London, you'll find me smack-dab in the middle. I'm happily engaged, and I also have 4 cats. (We're a package deal and Duane is okay with that, so we're off to a good start!) :) I have 3 younger siblings (1 sister, and 2 brothers). I use exclamation marks way too often. The phrase "lol" needs to be dropped from my vocabulary as I overuse it as well. Anyway, enough about me! Onto the blog...

I started my blog (a little over a month ago) because I am an avid reader, and I have always been asked for my book recommendations. I used to work in the school library when I was in high school, and for several years after school, I worked in the local public library. I guess you could say, books and I go together. But I digress, anyway, I had been mulling over the idea of starting a blog because I read a lot, and I wanted to write down my thoughts on the books that I read. My sister is always asking me for books to read, so I figured hey, why not start a blog? It'd help me keep track of what I've read, and it'd help others out in the process. With that said, the blog was born. Currently I cater to YAs, but I do read adult fiction, fantasy, paranormal romance, mystery, suspense, thriller, chick-lit, time travel... you name it, I probably read it. Except Stephen King. I have read some of his books, and disliked them all. (Lucky me, I joined a challenge where I have to read a book from a genre or author that I absolutely detest and I'll be reading another Stephen King book. Hopefully it won't be that bad). :) Anyway, anything that I read, I'll review and put up on the blog.

Right now I am running a Contest for the book "Break" by Hannah Moskowitz. It will end February 12, 2010, and I'll announce the winner on the following day. To enter you must comment on the post and leave your email address. You need to be a follower, and you must be a resident of either the U.S. or Canada. (Sorry to those who are international, I hope to have a contest for you once I hit 100 followers. I know I'm aiming high! But why not dream big?) :) I'll use random.org to choose the winner. Only 1 entry per person. The link is: http://lostforwords-corrine.blogspot.com/2010/01/contest-contest-contest.html. I hope you all will enter. This is a really good book. (I think it was absolutely brilliant). I can't believe how young this author is!

I think I'll let Kari have her blog back now. Thank you again for letting me hi-jack it today. I hope you all are having a great day. Please feel free to stop by my blog and say hi, look around, and enter the contest.
Thank you! :)

Thanks Corrine for stopping by and I agree- Break was completely brilliant. If you haven't read it, look into it because it's just great. But before you do that, stop by Corrine's blog, have a look around, give her comment love and follow.

3 comments:

  1. -waves- hi corrine!!! i already watch you =) but its nice learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corrine! Its great meeting you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments guys! It's great to meet you too Miss Cindy. Luna, I'm happy to oblige. :)

    ReplyDelete