Sunday, January 31, 2010

Book Forum Sunday

Today is the the second week of my book club forum! I have to admit, I am still excited about it even if the participation isn't what I hoped.

Next weeks books are Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and Firespell by Chloe Neill. Stayed tuned here on my blog for an interview with Chloe and look for details about a chat on my forum with her as well during the week. I'm already getting other author interviews and forum sessions set up for future weeks- most details will be on my forum but the interviews will always be on here.


This week's book is Breathless by Jessica Warman.


SUMMARY: When Katie Kitrell is shipped off to boarding school by her distant father and overbearing mother, it doesn’t take her long to become part of the It Crowd. She’s smart, she’s cute, and she’s an Olympic-bound swimmer who has a first class ticket to any Ivy League school of her choice. But what her new friends, roommate, and boyfriend don’t know is that Katie is swimming away from her past, and from her schizophrenic older brother, Will, who won’t let her go. And when he does the unthinkable, it’s all Katie can do to keep her head above water.

For my review of this book, go here.

If you've read this book, feel free to link your review below. For anyone reading this in the future, the boards on my forum will always remain open once a book has been posted so feel free to show up later. =)



Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I seriously wish I read faster because I have Break all ready and waiting to be read for the forum, but I haven't gotten to it yet, and Breathless looks freakin' good too! Beautiful Creatures and Firespell are both on my TBR list. You've picked such awesome books, I'm hoping I can catch up and jump into the discussions soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I wished I'd read this book! Swimming?! I'd be happy to weigh in simply on that matter haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph -- The schedules are posted early.. but also, feel free to jump on once you do read the book even if it's after the designated week. =) The boards will stay open for all the books.

    ReplyDelete