Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

This week, I'm working on Breathless by Jessica Warman which is scheduled for week 2 of my book club forum.

Summary:
When Katie Kitrell is shipped off to boarding school by her distant father and overbearing mother, it doesn’t take her long to become part of the It Crowd. She’s smart, she’s cute, and she’s an Olympic-bound swimmer who has a first class ticket to any Ivy League school of her choice. But what her new friends, roommate, and boyfriend don’t know is that Katie is swimming away from her past, and from her schizophrenic older brother, Will, who won’t let her go. And when he does the unthinkable, it’s all Katie can do to keep her head above water.

"Again, I scream, "Will," and this eyelids flutter, his gaze takes its time focusing on me, and before I say anything, he says, to me and my parents, "I had to do it. You wanted me to. Everyone wanted me to." " -- page 32

5 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser. Sounds like a great read.

    Here is my teaser: http://twe.ly/8qc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! This is my first time hearing about this book. It sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok what a great flipping teaser, I am adding to my TBR list, look forward to your review.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday-happiness-sold.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome teaser! Breathless sounds like an extremely moving read, and I hope you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser- I have Breathless in my TBR pile, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete