Saturday, January 23, 2010

In My Mailbox & Weekly Wrap Up

First off, I am going to do a quick weekly wrap up post and just combine it with IMM.

I started a new novel a few weeks ago- it is flying along. I finished chapters 5 and 6 at work yesterday in my down time and have a good 4 pages of chapter 7 done today. I've gotten a ton plotted and planned on it as well- I am so excited for this one! I am totally in love my main guy.... sigh....

My book forum officially opens tomorrow, featuring Break by Hannah Moskowitz. The boards will open at or around noon CST, mostly whenever I can drag my butt out of bed to be honest. Hannah herself just might be stalking the boards to see what we have to say which gives me warm and fuzzies. I am also working on contacting authors of the books scheduled for Feb and March to see if they can do an interview here at my blog and/or pop on the forum during their book's week. I am going to start doing my IMM post on Saturday's now so I can devote Sundays to the correlation between my blog and my forum. I will be hosting a Mr. Linky every Sunday for my forum members as well as any other blogger who wants to link their review of whatever book(s) are being featured that particular week. If you want to get in on the fun, go here and get registered and start looking at the schedules.

Otherwise, I had a decent week. My newest novel, like I said, is flying along and I read 5 books this week (2 reviews yet to come). Now... onto IMM. =D

IMM is a snazzy meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

For Review:
In A Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth (From Bloomsbury)
Dirty Little Secrets by CJ Omololu (From Bloomsbury)
Now & Then by Jacqueline Sheehan (From a close friend of the author)


Bought from Amazon:
When It Happens by Suzanne Colasanti
Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt (To appear on my book forum)
Lost It by Kristen Tracy
Firespell by Chloe Neill (To appear on my book forum)
All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
His Eyes by Renee Carter
Unwind by Neil Shusterman
Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott (To appear on my book forum)
The Pace by Shelena Shorts (To appear on my book forum)

That was my week. =) Yep, I'm feeling pretty darn good about it and am eager to get started on many of these. I keep telling myself I am going to stop buying so many books but... so far... I fail. Ah well. There's still a roof of my head and food in my stomach. And Toby is still spoiled. He just has to work for his keep by posing- I think he's getting sick of it.

23 comments:

  1. What a nice collection of books! I have The Pace on my TBR pile too. I recently read and reviewed Firespell. I am looking forward to Dirty Little Secrets and am eager to hear what you think of it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome books! Reading Firespell and DLS! getting good.

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my review copy of Now and Then yesterday. And I gave Two Way Street to my friend for Christmas because I've heard it's amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to In A Heartbeat - and I have Dirty Little Liar on preorder! I cant wait, I really hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy reading! Great books this week by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look good! I hope you enjoy them. I am intrigued by In a Heartbeat... can't wait to read your review for that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, your dog is adorable. ;)

    I'm really looking forward to getting In A Heartbeat for a tour, because I love the sound of it. All Unquiet Things is awesome, by the way.

    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a good week - here is to another one :) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky! I didn't get one book this week :( But this is a good thing (kind of). It means that I have a chance to read a chunk of my TBR pile. Anyways, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got quite a haul this week!

    I just read In A Heartbeat and liked it mostly, I'd push When It Happens and Two Way Street to the top of my reading pile if i were you.

    Check out what was in my mailbox this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great assortment of books. Firespell was an awesome read. I hope you enjoy In a Heatbeat for that is the book I would really like to read.

    RR

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great pile of books you got this week - and just love your book model :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Great books!!! I really enjoyed Dirty Little Secrets and ALL UNQUIET THINGS!!!! Sorry I just really loved that book! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute lil dog you have and *awesome* collection of books! Will be waiting for your review on The Pace. Have heard bunch of good stuff on this one.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read Dirty Little Secrets. You got some great books! Happy Reading!

    http://trishasbookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-jan-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books you got there! Have fun reading them. And indeed if there's still a roof over your head you dont have to feel quilty about buying books....haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for your novel! I definitely want to read it because it seems like you and I have the same taste in melt-worthy guys, lol. *o*
    And awesome books! I also got In a Heartbeat this week, and I'm not sure how it's going to go but I'm excited to read it. I've also been wanting to read All Unquiet Things, so I'm jealous of you there. Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! You poor pup! I hope you don't have a paper-eater like I have with my dogs. I try to keep my books as far away from them as I can. ;)

    Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of your blog forum! You also have a great line up of books here. I'm glad your dog isn't a book chewer like mine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh those pictures with the dog every week are just too cute! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol my dogs would never sit still long enough for me to snap a picture like that. :D great books!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy reading. MY pup would never have the patience to sit there like that. Then again she is a very small Chihuahua so some of those books would cover her completely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete