Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting To Know The Little Guys (4)

Getting To Know The Little Guys is a feature I do weekly to spotlight small blogs with less than 100 followers. There is a huge crop of new blogs out there- mine being one of them but I have been lucky enough to gain a pretty quick following- but small doesn't mean bad. My goal is for my readers to read these weekly posts, get to know the bloggers a little more, and start finding some awesome new blogs that they might not have otherwise known about. And face it- there is a huge competitive edge to book blogging these days, especially for ARCs. Yes, the ARCs are nice when they come but I think a lot of us really are here to just express our views on books and book related things- this feature also is intended to bring that focus back.

This week, Lucy from Delightful Reviews is here with me. She has a beautiful background on her blog and I can always see her personality shine through in her posts. I regularly visit her blog and am definitely glad I found it. I hope you guys enjoy!

Hi everyone! Lucy here from Delightful Reviews. Now, before I start my endless babbling, I want to thank Kari here. She contacted me about this lovely idea about a guest post, and next thing I knew, I was already emailing her, saying that I'd do it! So, thanks Kari. Thank you for helping me :)

Well, I'll start off about myself. Now to save your eyes from reading long, tedious paragraphs, I'll tell 7 things about myself in a numbered list. Why seven? 7 is my favorite number!
  1. Well, I'm pretty sure that no one knows this secret, so you guys get an inside look on Lucy ;) I LOVE reading. There, I said it!
  2. Okay, now I'll get serious. Another thing about me is that I am picky. I am especially picky about a book cover. If the cover looks interesting, I'll pick it up and check it out. If the cover is boring or scares the **poop** out of me, then I say NO.
  3. I am extremely forgetful and I am a huge procrastinator.
  4. I love art. Well, I don't really obsess over the masterpieces by the great artists, but I obsess more on participating in the art :)
  5. I lovelovelove when I get to hang out with my cousins. We all pig out and then we stay up till like 4 in the morning, laughing our heads off on the conversations we would have.
  6. Even though I'm a teenager, I still play hide-and-seek and other cool kiddy games! Whenever I'd play hide-and-seek, I would have my heart pounding like crazy. I guess I'm still a kid at heart. Literally.
  7. Anime. I love it.
Now, with the "me" stuff done, let's head on over about the blog stuff!

My blog, of course, is Delightful Reviews.
  • I started this blog because I was, well, inspired! I was inspired to write reviews and hopefully, meet new blogging friends! The Story Siren was a HUGE blog role model for me; just like The Book Scout, J Kaye's Book Blog, Simple Life and Reading..., La Femme Readers, and a whole bunch more! Though I am a tad bit jealous of these blogs, I just admire them and their hard work.
  • I do memes like IMM, WoW, and On My Wishlist. Soon, I plan to interview bloggers (both new and old!) and turn it into a weekly meme. I'm also interviewing authors. Although I have just one right now, I have plenty more coming! I'm also thinking of doing top commentator giveaways, but I'm worried about pricing... Most likely, I'll have to do with swag packs.
  • Speaking of giveaways, I'm holding one at my blog. It's for Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood. I plan on reading it soon, and from the reviews I've been hearing about it, I have HIGH expectations for it :)
Since we're nearing the end of my babble, I bid you adieu. Thanks for reading! I appreciate it a LOT!

Thanks for stopping by, Lucy! I appreciate it too!

If you are a small blogger with 100 followers or less and want to be a part of this feature, shoot me an email or leave a comment for me. I am really excited for how much support I am getting on this and would love to keep it up. Thanks guys!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! Her blog looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lucy! You really do have an awesome background! :)

    p.s im technically an adult and i would def. play hide and seek still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy, here's another procrastinator :) great blog you have!

    Kari-I have an award for you http://willingtoseeless.blogspot.com/2010/01/tss-awards-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Kari (I can't stop saying thank you LOL)

    :)

    ReplyDelete