Thursday, June 10, 2010

PLL Mission: Father's Day

Father's Day is generally a happy topic. At least for those of us who have daddy's. Or daddy's that are around. Last year, I spent Father's Day with daddy at his place. I meant to buy him a gift but I forgot. But he shouldn't have been mad or anything. I mean, I was there. He had the whole day with me. Just the two of us. And we bonded again and stuff. Daddy's little girl.

I kind of think it sucks it takes something like a calendar date to say hey, be thankful for your father. I guess they do a lot that they don't get credit for. Father's Day has been around for awhile though, something to go with Mom's day. I mean, sure, mom's have the kids and are usually the ones stuck with them, but father's deserve a day too, right

Besides, even famous people recognize the important of this day. Bill Cosby pointed out "Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope." (even though that reminds me of jail). Oh, and some other guy with a weird name like Red Buttons said something about not raising your hand to your kids, it leaves your groin unprotected. That one made me laugh. So, I guess what I'm trying to say, is Father's Day is more important than some people think. It's easy to take advantage of our daddies and though it shouldn't take a set day to be thankful for them, for a lot of us it does. But it's a good day. So, daddy, thanks for being the greatest dad in the world like that mug I gave you in kindergarten says. Where is that mug now, anyhow?

No comments:

Post a Comment