Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.


This week's teaser comes from Michael Cadnum's Flash.

"The seller at the flea market had said the stain was cranberry juice, but Bruce called the garment his dead-guy jacket, convinced the previous owner had been stabbed. He liked that- a coat with a vivid backstory." -- pg 24 in the ARC, subject to change

Summary:

When two teenage brothers bungle a bank robbery, their attempt to hide the evidence is witnessed—aurally—by Terrence, a legally blind neighbor. Terrence tells his girlfriend, Nina, and her brother, who then disappears with a handgun. Nina is afraid of what he might do to the brothers. But she also has every reason to fear what the brothers will do to Terrence.

Flash
ingeniously interweaves the stories of two who are hellbent on a destructive path, two who stand in their way, and one whose actions may be the spark to set the whole thing off.

13 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fascinating thriller. I'll add it to my list. My TT is from Embers by Laura Bickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. creepy! i love horror, so this definitely interests me. i'll probably look into it. great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one in my tbr. Awesome teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of this one before. It sounds pretty creepy. Good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is beyond creepy. Sounds interesting -- I love thrillers!

    My teaser is from a book with tons of action and adventure, and mystery: The Eighth Scroll by Laurence Brown, about the Dead Sea Scrolls Project. Reminiscent of the "Da Vince Code," with its base in reality and its emphasis on the religion of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Lots of action and lots of plot twists, to keep you turning the pages.

    [[Quickly, he returned to his task and forced a gold ring-face from between the tightly flexed fingers. Unmistakably a treasure of antiquity, the raised symbols of the gold oval shone with the whisper of greatness that, since the dawn of their profession, had drawn people like Frank and him to explore the mysteries of the past. This is veeery interesting, he thought. As the words crossed his mind, he smiled, for he recognized the echo of the same words that had brought him running to this side of the earth.]]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, that's a little creepy!! I suppose it's cool that something you own has a history, but I don't think I'd want to wear something with a gruesome history (ya know?) Enjoy your book!

    Here is mine for this week :)

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome teaser! It sounds thrilling.

    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, love this character so far. Great Teaser! My Teaser for Captivate is here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Teaser! That is a creepy backstory, but makes for an interesting conversation.

    here is My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! This sounds like an interesting book, will have to add it to the tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is a little creepy, but this teaser is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree the cover is creepy, but it sounds like a cool book! Check out my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cover!
    Great teaser! Stop by and check out my teaser at The Wormhole.

    ReplyDelete