Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Reading Recommendations

Mostly because I kind of swooned for Will in Sophie Jordan's Firelight, I decided this week's theme will be love interests. Specifically, the boys from a girl's POV. Not that I have anything against it going the other way but right not, I'm in the mood for the boys. Since I'm limiting myself to boys in books already released, I'll leave out Will... and Lend from Paranormalcy. But know that if I could, they'd be in the list. And while I know there are plenty of other viable options, I'm limiting myself to six. And while I do have a huge soft spot for Alex from Perfect Chemistry and Adrian from Vampire Academy... I am letting some other hotties share the spotlight.



Sebastian from Kiss It by Erin Downing: Dark and brooding with a great ability for banter, I fell for Sebastian from the start. He's a bit of a playboy, or so it seems, and I am a sucker for those kind. There's a brokenness in him, however, that adds to his appeal. All around, Sebastian is one to drool over. I might have had a few fantasies of my own about him, right alongside Chaz.

Will from The Ghost and The Goth by Stacey Kade: Will is a tormented ball of adorable. He is intense and caring but hides because of his ability. His thoughts are a mix of teenage boy and mature, knowing man. The way he sees things is interesting and despite the way he comes off, he holds huge potential. Also, he's a leg man. I respect a leg man.

Aiden from The Naughty List by Suzanne Young: I've dubbed Aiden Track Pants Boy. And he has a special place for me. He's horny but sweet, protective but vulnerable. He's a great mix all around and I kind of want him for myself. One of these days, I'll figure out a way to hijack him from Suzanne's head. And manifest him. And watch him wear nothing but track pants. Yeah, no shirt. That's right. I went there.


Astley from Captivate by Carrie Jones: Maybe he's evil. Maybe he's not. It's hard to tell with Astley but what I do know is that he is downright awkward at all the right times. I kind of think of those sour patch kids commercials with it comes to Astley... a little twit at first then he does something sweet and endearing that makes your heart melt. Or at least he did mine.

Jesse from How It Ends by Laura Wiess: Jesse is an intriguing character, older than Hanna but obviously tempted by her. He is strong and there for her despite the dirtier thoughts he has. He shows her what a good relationship can be and he holds a huge amount of promise. Not to mention, anyone who can be dubbed as karate biker boy is inherently amazing.

Lucian from Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey: I have to admit, I fell hardest for Lucian when things started going bad with Jessica. The darker side of him had a certain appeal to me though I won't give details for those who haven't read it. Bottom line- both behaving and dark, Lucian is darn sexy. And maybe I'd let him bite at my neck a little. You know, a tiny nibble...


I enjoyed all of these books and not only because of the boys. I definitely recommend them- the boys were just a big perk. Admit it. You all love tormented balls of adorable and Track Pants Boy too.

8 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about Track Pants boy... and I so agree about Will. Love that boy! <3 Astley=like. I'm looking forward to reading more about him in the next book. :)

    Jesse a.k.a. the karate biker boy? HAWT. Have to read this one...along with Kiss It, Jessica's Guide & How It Ends, lol. Nice choices, Kari! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome list! And Ahhh! I havent read any of these!

    Must. go. get. some!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list Kari! I haven't read these books yet, but most of them are sitting on my shelf, or my wishlist. I'll definitely have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Lucian in Jessica's Guide...
    I'm really looking forward to Goth and Ghost.
    Great handsome, cool guy: I also love Cameron in Still Sucks to be Me by Kimberley Pauley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tormented balls of adorable! *Sighs*

    Great list <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Kari! This post just made my day. I'm always looking for new boys to love (me=boy crazy) and I haven't read a couple of those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to reading The Ghost and the Goth and Jessica's Guide. Hopefully I can get to them this summer. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Aistly. I liked him much more than I liked Nick.

    ReplyDelete