Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Three Quarters Dead by Richard Peck, set to hit shelves October 28, 2010 from Dial.

Summary: Kerry is chosen by the coolest clique in school and so she thinks life has finally begun. But then it seems all over when her three friends are killed in a shocking car accident. Or are they? Only weeks after the accident, Kerry receives a text from one of the girls: We're all 3 here at my aunt's in the city. Take the 3:50 train. B there.

My Thoughts: The title alone is interest grabbing and the premise sounds like a great mix of a few different "ideas" combined to make something new. Nothing like the dead popular girls to come back at you to make a day, right? Then there's the cover, primarily creepy but most definitely holding appeal.

6 comments:

  1. Not too sure I be checking things out after getting a text from the grave. Sounds spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds creepy, but fun. I love ghost stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds interesting, it reminds me of something...hmm can't think of it. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... sounds a lot like Pretty Little Liars, which I like, so I might check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Richard Peck and can't wait to read this one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete