Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is The Space Between Trees by Katie Williams, set to hit shelves June 16 from Chronicle Books.

Summary:
Not your everyday coming-of-age novel

This story was supposed to be about Evie how she hasn't made a friend in years, how she tends to stretch the truth (especially about her so-called relationship with college drop-out Jonah Luks), and how she finally comes into her own once she learns to just be herself but it isn't. Because when her classmate Elizabeth 'Zabet' McCabe's murdered body is found in the woods, everything changes and Evie's life is never the same again.

My Thoughts: Not only does the murder mystery aspect really pique my interest but the mix with a coming of age type of novel helps build the hype for me. Evie seems like she will definitely be thrust into some more adult situations and I personally love books that deal with those kind of situations, especially when handled smoothly. Though the cover is simple, it is still mysterious and holds a certain level of intrigue. The title itself fits fantastically in the spaces as well, tying it together.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of this one too. Great Pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new title for me and I am definitely intrigued. I love mysteries so I this is going on wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read! Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this one with us - I love the title, too. You might also enjoy a new one out by Laurence Brown called, "The Eighth Scroll." The story is riveting and fast paced with some historical drama that's both fun and thought provoking. It's so good I can't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading this one. Great pick!

    I'm waiting on The Iron Thorn here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my eye on this one for awhile. Glad to see it's worth the wait.

    Hope you stop by to pick up an award I have for you.

    http://darkwyrmreads.blogspot.com/2010/06/check-out-my-goodies.html

    ReplyDelete