Monday, March 7, 2011

From the Boy Closet (7)

From the Boy Closet is a new weekly feature here at A Good Addiction that will spotlight a different well done YA hottie each week. If you follow me on Twitter, you've probably heard me talk about the YA boys I've shoved into my "Boy Closet" and this feature is thanks to that. It takes more than just looks to make me swoon for a guy in a book, and there are plenty of boys who didn't do it for me, so for the authors who wrote the guys who could.... this post is for you.

This week's boy admittedly doesn't bat for the same team, but that doesn't keep me from swooning for him anyhow. Besides, someone needs to keep my overstuffed boy closet organized, and who better than Gabe, from Leah Clifford's A Touch Mortal? Gabe is charming at the right moments, very laid back and kind, and really just all around awesome. He's both funny and sincere, and fiercely loyal in a fantastic way. Plus, every girl just needs an awesome gay guy friend to go boy watching with and Gabe will gladly step up.

But just in case those reasons aren't enough for you, here's some quotes from the lovely Gabe.

She seemed to give in suddenly, forgetting the pedicure and hurrying across the room to throw herself into his arms. He hugged her tight.
"How's my little black rain cloud?" he asked, pulling her back. -- pg 32

"Don't be so stubborn! This is your excuse to call him. Use those feminine wiles to get back what you need"--he cast a quick glance at the door and stepped away from her--"instead of luring in boys who will never measure up. I trust you, and I trust you're smart enough to swallow your pride and do what's best." -- pg 260

"He's so not my type. You know the bad boy thing doesn't do it for me." -- pg 281

"I did some checking," Gabe said, waving it away. "You'll forgive my intrusion; I'm a little...protective of my friends," Gabe said, turning back to him. "This one especially," he added, sliding an arm around Eden's shoulders. He looked pointedly into her eyes. "I only do what's best for her." -- pg 283

"Because he belongs with you," he said, shrugging his shoulders.
Eden scoffed. "A bit dramatic, Gabe."
"Do what you need to do, but you know what they say, right?" he asked, smiling. "Once you get celestial..." He paused before laughing. "Yeah, I got nothin'." -- pg 316

1 comment:

  1. Gabe does sound like a gem. I can't wait to read A Touch Mortal and fall in love myself!

    P.S. I love that he's keeping your closet organized!

    ReplyDelete