Friday, May 27, 2011

Author Interview: Cat Patrick

Taking over my blog today is Forgotten author Cat Patrick, to answer my crazy questions!


If there was one thing you could tell London from the start of the book, before everything happens, what would it be?

I think I’d tell her to trust herself because she has good instincts about what’s right for her. And I’d tell her to remember that whatever the situation—however difficult it may seem at the time—it will always get better.

London made the headline of the paper! What does it say?

LOCAL TEEN "REMEMBERS" FUTURE; FORGETS PAST

If you could pair London with any character from any book, who would it be?

While there are a ton of swoon-worthy male characters, I wouldn’t dare split apart London and Luke. But as for girlfriends…

Anna from Stephanie Perkins’ Anna and the French Kiss is a great example of a strong, independent and fun friend for London. I think she’d have her own thing going on but still be able to support and love London for who she is.

I can also see pairing her with someone on a rocky path like Hannah Baker from Jay Asher’s Thirteen Reasons Why in the hopes that London’s condition might provide perspective for her deeply troubled friend.

If you were a demigod, what god/goddess would be your parent?


I had to take a quiz to see which goddess I’m most like in order to answer this question. According to the results, I’m most similar to Athena. The quiz reminded me that Athena was born fully-armed, is a talented craftswoman but not a girly-girl, and likes to play make believe. Wikipedia says she’s the goddess of wisdom, civilization, warfare, strength, strategy, female arts, crafts, justice and skill, and above all else is a protector.

I’m not sure what qualifies as “female arts,” but with the rest of those attributes in mind, I, the fake demigod, am cool with having Athena as my parent.

What kind of cake/confection would you describe yourself as?


A Gray Salt Caramel from Fran’s Chocolates in Seattle: I’m a little bit salty but mostly sweet. 

Thank you, Cat, for taking the time to answer my questions and congrats on the release!

Make sure you guys all check out Forgotten, coming June 7!

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie Perkins' Anna and Jay Asher's Hannah as friends? Those are great choices! I'd like both girls as my friends too (although I'd be trying to convince Hannah and not the other way around).

    O.o I've never heard of a Gray Salt Caramel but that does sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the questions on this. Brought about a unique perspective on the book. FORGOTTEN sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great blog. My friends referred me your site. Looks like everyone knows about it. I'm going to read your other posts. Take care. Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has his/her addiction, it's their freedom to choose what they like and what they like to do. Great points you have here. :)

    _______________
    Ashley | Olympics 2012 London

    ReplyDelete