Friday, May 13, 2011

In My Mailbox + Some Book News

Okay I had an amazing book week, and I am still just elated about it! So let's just get right into that, because then I have some fantastic book related news I want to share in case you haven't heard yet!!



For Review:
Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Already ready- this book is 1000 kinds of AMAZING)
Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic
With or With You by Brian Farrey
Frost by Marianna Baer
Possess by Gretchen McNeil
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke
Ladies and Gentleman...The Redeemers by Michael Scott Miller (Funny story on this one--because of my Daily Shirtless Hottie tweets, the author sent a picture of a shirtless hottie with his book to entice me. Clearly, such marketing works because frankly, that's the best review request I've gotten)
(Huge thanks to Holly Cupala + Harper, Simon & Schuster, Megan Bostic + Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Brian Farrey, Marianna Baer + Harper, Gretchen McNeil + Harper, Leah Cypess, Deborah Cooke + Penguin, and Michael Scott Miller)


Gifted:
Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mylnowski (Huge thank you to Katie!)
Entwined by Heather Dixon (Huge thank you to Arena!)

So that was my week in books, and as always, IMM is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


And NOW, on to the amazing book news! First, I want to let you guys know about a book deal that just sold, for one that I can tell you with 100% certainty is breathtaking, incredible, brilliant, and just all around amazing. So without further ado, announced in Publisher's Marketplace Friday afternoon:

"Suzanne Young's THE PROGRAM, in which teen suicide is an epidemic and a girl struggles to stay out of the Program - a preventative treatment that will erase her memories - in order to save herself and the boyfriend who's already forgotten her, to Jennifer Klonsky atSimon Pulse, in a two-book deal, by Jim McCarthy at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management (World English)."

Put this one on your radar for future books that are awesometastical, because you do NOT want to miss this one!

But since The Program won't be out for awhile, never fret! Suzanne also has A Need so Beautiful coming out NEXT MONTH! You can grab the countdown widget on my sidebar to the right over there, but in case you still need to whet your appetite for this one, check out the trailer in case you missed it! And be sure your sound is on, because you do not want to miss the music in this one. It fits SO perfectly for the book. 



Do you love  it as much as I do?!?

So there you have it! That was my week in books, and great news I just wanted everyone to know about in case they didn't! Now go tell Suzanne congrats on her book deal, either on her blog (where she has info about a contest to WIN a copy of ANsB!) or on Twitter! And in the meantime, I am off to read more of the great books that showed up for me this week!

10 comments:

  1. You had an AWESOME week. I am envious of Possess, and Don't Breathe A Word sounds great.

    And yes, the trailer for A Need So Beautiful is great. Really looking forward to picking that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome about The Program! I'm so excited to read it and hear more about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mailbox! I got Never Eighteen on NetGalley. And I really want to read Don't Breath A Word!
    Your dog is so cute in these pictures. I like that he posed for you in the second picture.

    Oh the trailer for ANSB gave me chills! I can't wait to read that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing mailbox. They all look so good! And I can't wait for A Need So Beautiful! That's such fantastic news for the author. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Program sounds like a great read, just like a lot of books in your mailbox.

    Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tons of fantastic books this week. I'm glad you adored Mara Dyer, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, really impressive batch of books! I'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You got a lot of ARCs this week! Happy Reading!

    My IMM goes up tomorrow! Be sure to stop by!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super jealous you got The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! But glad that it sounds amazing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some great books, especially Entwined! Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete