Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Gone Gone Gone by Hannah Moskowitz, coming April 17, 2012 from Simon Pulse.

Summary: It's a year after 9/11. Sniper shootings throughout the D.C. area have everyone on edge, trying to make sense of the random acts of violence. Meanwhile, Craig and Lio are just trying to make sense of their lives.

Craig's crushing on quiet, distant Lio, and preoccupied with what it meant when Lio kissed him...and if he'll do it again...and if kissing Lio will help him finally get over his ex-boyfriend, Cody.

Lio feels most alive when he's with Craig. He forgets about his broken family, his dead brother, and the messed up world. But being with Craig means being vulnerable, and Lio will have to decide whether love is worth the risk.


My Thoughts: Okay honestly, Hannah is an autobuy author for me. I don't even need to see the description, I want it. Because I think she's amazing. But then I read the description of this one and I've been drooling since. I LOVE that she's using 9/11. That she's putting it into a book, and showing the effects it had on so many. And I also like the gay angle, with it being a big part but is clearly not just a gay angst kind of book. I want to see where all this is going, how it plays out. I want to know these characters. And gosh darnit I want Hannah to make me cry again. No, sob. And this cover is amazing. It's so simple, yet heartbreaking... and yet maybe hopeful. There's a lot in this cover, and I want this book. Like. Now.

11 comments:

  1. wow! what a wonderful premise! i wanna read this too! thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds great! my TBR pile is growing..

    I am a new follower :)

    My WoW for this week: http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Invincible Summer, but I love Hannah's blog and i'm sure this one will be fab :) awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not familiar wih Hannah's writing, but am liking the premise of this one a lot. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick, especially considering the events of this week...

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-3-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds pretty intense in some ways!

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every week I always wonder what book that you will post in your WOW. Because it always surprise me just like what you pick this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Invincible Summer so I am definitely going to pick this one up when it comes out.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just won a copy of IS and signed up for the ARC tour of Gone, Gone, Gone. So excited! Thanks for sharing your pick!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good, thanks for sharing! Another one to add to my TBR:)

    Here's my WoW this week. Happy Reading! Jen

    ReplyDelete