Saturday, May 28, 2011

In My Mailbox + Chills & Thrills Teen Book Tour

Lots of books this week, in part because some I'm borrowing showed up, and I also went to the Chills & Thrills tour last weekend and got some books there too. The write up on that event is below the IMM part, so let's just get to it!


For Review:
 Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook
Audition by Stasia Kehoe
Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
The Detention Club by David Yoo
Forgiven by Janet Fox
The Summer I Learned to Fly by Dana Rinehardt
Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley
All You Desire by Kirsten Miller
Ordinary Beauty by Laura Wiess 
(HUGE thanks to Eileen Cook + Simon & Schuster, Holly Cupala + Stasia Kehoe, Tracy Deebs, David Yoo, Blue Slip Media, Dana Rinehardt + Random House, Booksparks PR, Penguin, & Simon & Schuster)

Borrowed:
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

 Gift from Holly Schindler:
Signed copy of Playing Hurt (Love this book!)

Gifted from Kelsey
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Fury of the Phoenix by Cindy Pon

Bought:
The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner (Signed from her launch. Great book!)
Goddess Boot Camp by Tara Lynn Childs
In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane
Flawless by Lara Chapman
IMM is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

So that was my week in books, and the last are ones I bought at the signing event. Lara Chapman ended up not being able to make the signing, but definitely still bought her book. Really looking forward to it! 

The signing was awesome, as YA author signings tend to be. This one had Jennifer Archer (Through Her Eyes), Tracy Deebs (Tempest Rising) and Tara Lynn Childs (Forgive My Fins, the Oh My Gods books). All three of these ladies are fantastic, and bantered with each other throughout the whole thing. It was hilarious, fun, and they had some great answers to the questions from the audience. After the Q&A session and signing was over, I hung around and had coffee at the cafe located in A Real Bookstore, and area author Rosemary Clement-Moore hung out with us too. Loved talking books and writing with all four of them! 

 The ladies!

 Tara! I don't remember what she was talking about here... but I can guarantee you it was good.

 Jennifer Archer, talking about writing ghosts

 Me with Jennifer!

 With Tracy! 

 With Tara!

17 comments:

  1. Oh super cool! Awesome mailbox! Don't you just love multi-author visits! You get to see so many at 1 store!

    My IMM goes up tomorrow, be sure to stop by!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many books. I only have one to read this week. Jealous.

    Enjoy reading all them.

    Amy @adumbrations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lots of books to be jealous of but I think I'm most jealous of Audition, I can't wait to read that! I read Flawless a couple a weeks ago, it's a really cute, fluffy read - and I love the cover!

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books. Unraveling Isobel and The Near Witch look really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had fun seeing you at the signing Kari. You look cute in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the book event was a lot of fun! Glad my books came :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you got a lot of smexy books this week!! Sorry I wasn't there to take your pic with your camera and have you take mine on my iPhone! Last week was craaaaazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I didn't notice the dog in the pics until I'd finished looking at the books... Then I see this paw and Im like wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great time at the signing! Great books this week and hope you'll get a chance to enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There he is! :P And you got The Summer I Learned to Fly.. I really want to read that one :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have got so much, I hope you enjoy the books you got. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous, you have A HEAP of books I've been dying for. Shatter Me and The Near Witch look ridiculously awesome. (and, omg, your dog is just ADORABLE! :D)
    Happy reading!

    Check out what's in my mailbox! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wicked! I'm so jealous of you right now. Those books look amazing AND you got to go to a signing, I'll never been to one.

    I'm a new follower and hope you could return the favour and the comment.

    Here's my IMM: http://halesalvatoresupernaturalmustreads.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mail-box-with-sal.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goddess Bootcamp looks really cute! I'll have to check it out. What an amazing week for you :)

    Here is my mailbox for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, looks like you got some great loot. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm am so jealous right now! Lucky you!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-monday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. First i have to say that i love ur dog super cute. :).As always I loved your mailbox for the week. I was super excited to see that you got to meet all those great authors, looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete