This week, I've got Charlotte from Book on The Hill here. Originally, I emailed this when they were below 100 followers, but due to scheduling, they are just now getting on here. Even though they are at 109- I am still going for it because come on- she's in France!
I have to start this by thanking Kari : like all the other ‘little guys’ said, I was super excited when I got her email. Thank you Kari for featuring us ! At the time, I had about 70 followers. Now, I’ve got 98. So, before I get to 100 and am therefore banned from being a ‘little guy’, here is what I have to say...!
- Name : Charlotte
- Blog : The Book on the Hill
- Age : 25
- Jobs : Actress (on stage for now), and bilingual reader for Hachette Jeunesse
- Nationalities : French, but also English and Canadian.
- Where do I live ? Paris, France
- Food Addiction : Chocolate in any form
- Book Addiction : Any good book
- Movie Addiction : Musicals
- Random Addiction : Doctor Who
ABOUT MY BLOG
- Reviews : I share reviews of books I read for my job, and also for my own pleasure. Basically my job is to read English-written books (either already released or still in drafts) and submitting a full summary and review. Depending on the readers' reviews, they decide if they want to buy the rights of the book, and if they do it is translated in French and published in France. I’ve done this for two years now, and I LOVE it. The books I read are mainly YA books, but I've often got middle grade books too, and from time to time adult chick lit.
- Book Sketches : Each review I post is illustrated by a book sketch, drawn my talented boyfriend. You can check out the recent interview of him that my fellow bloggers helped me organizing.
- French Friday : Each friday, I am hosting a meme called French Friday, in which I write about bookish things happening in France, including French covers and titles’ translations.
- Contests : My first real contest is happening right now ! It’s called the Frenchy Contest, and if you enter you get to choose one stack of books out of a selection I made, and also a few French goodies (bookmark, notebook, badge, magnets). You have until February 20th to enter, and it’s international !
- Blog Design : I love webdesigning (I am actually an occasional webmaster too), so my blog reflects this passion (at least I hope it does !). My header changes according to the seasons, and I designed the background and my event buttons too. I hope you’ll like it !
Here we go, I think I’ve covered the most important things. You’re welcome on my blog anytime, I love meeting new bloggers and comments are always fun and instructive. :)A huge thank you to Kari once again, and happy reading to you all !
Thank you Charlotte for hopping over here and sharing more about yourself with us! =D I definitely love how much you incorporate France into your blog- it is very unique, at least for my little Texan self.
I hope you guys head over and check it out! Her French Friday feature really is an awesome one.