Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

I'm working on Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl right now, which is also going to be featured on my book forum starting this coming Sunday, February 7 around noon CST. I'm super excited for that because I'm only about 115 pages in but already I'm hooked and intrigued- there will be a lot to talk about on this one I bet.

""Look. There's something going on here. The dreams, the song, the smell, and now the locket. It's like we're supposed to be friends."

Did you just say, the smell?" She looked horrified. "In the same sentence as friends?"

"Technically, I think it was a different sentence."" -- page 77

There's your teaser, showing what subtle humor is incorporated in this book. Stay tuned later this week for my review and come back Sunday for forum related stuff with both this book and Firespell. =)

15 comments:

  1. I loved Beautiful Creatures! Such an intriguing story made even more interesting because it's told from Ethan's point of view. I can't wait to read your review!

    Here is my teaser tuesday:
    http://theserpentinelibrary.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah. I love it. Great teaser, Kari! :) I think I'll be posting one for this book as well as Abandoned (still) in a bit... Hope you're having a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser, Kari! I need to read BC sooooo bad! My teaser is on my blog today, but it wasn't nearly as great as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! :) I need to read this book and figure out who are these people...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those two words in the same sentence does sound kind of incongruous. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic teaser! I've heard so much about BC. Sounds like a great read.

    Here’s mine:
    http://tweezlereads.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to get to read this book so badly! I am reading Iron King so I just had to use it for my teaser. Here is my blog where you can find it: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Creatures was such a good book! I can't wait til the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is on my TBR list - must. read. faster! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I have this sitting on my shelf right now and I can't wait to read it. Happy reading!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I really need to read this book already. It just keeps staring at me from my shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, I loved BC and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! As for that teaser, great pick. It's funny and captures their personalities perfectly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe, great teaser! I really want to read this book.

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost picked this one up at the store today. now I kind of wished I did. Great teaser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember you said you posted a teaser from this yesterday and I forgot to come and check so here I am. I can't wait to finish this! :)

    And.... can't wait to discuss it!

    ReplyDelete