Saturday, February 20, 2010

In My Mailbox + Updates

IMM is a meme hosted by The Story Siren. In case you didn't already know. But I bet you did. Because she's kind of awesome like that.

It was a slow week, at least with what I received although I did order a few things from Amazon that should be here in the next few weeks... but after that, I am trying very very hard to refrain from buying too many... I have to have something to gamble away in Vegas in April =P


For Review:
Wherever Nine Lies by Lynn Weingarten

From the Library:
If I Stay by Gayle Foreman


That's my mailbox... now on to updates. I really am in a bit of a reading funk, I think. I just haven't been that reading productive this month despite all the great books I want to read. But I have finished round 1 of revisions with my WIP and am onto the second round. Yesterday I wrote another chapter to add in and am through Chapter 9 out of 26 in second revisions. I'm definitely enjoying the whole process even if I feel a little schizo. My goal for this weekend is to finish reading All Unquiet Things and hopefully Wherever Nina Lies, as well as get through at least 8 chapters of revisions. I am probably setting myself up with more to do than I will get through but we'll see how it goes. I did my social life thing last night and plan to stay in the rest of the weekend, especially with the storms we are spose to get and then Tuesday, maybe more snow? Not happy about that one...

I am also debating on easing up on my very colorful posts... I did a dark background so I would have freedom to do many different colors but I suppose I am running out of colors. Now, I might just do a different color for subjects... gray for reviews, pinkish for IMM, etc... it's being debated amongst the voices in my head. I suppose you'll find out who wins soon enough. Unless you, my awesome reader, is very attached to my constant color changes in which case, by all means, I shall continue it.

But that is probably enough of my rambling. To those of you who actually read this, thank you. Your interest is flattering. Or you are crazy. But that's alright, we're all a little crazy here. Oh, I am also debating on going to see the Percy Jackson movie today. I loved the books... for those of you who have seen it- thoughts?

25 comments:

  1. Wherever Nina Lies is a great book and I have an old ARC of If I Stay around here somewhere that I need to read. lol. Hope you enjoy your books. Oh and Toby is just adorable. :D

    Yeah reading slumps suck but I'm glad you are making progress on your WIP. Looking forward to seeing what you decide for the blog colors. :D

    Haven't read Percy Jackson books yet, unfortunately. They sound really great and think I'd rather read them before seeing the movie. And yes we are all a little crazy, but in the coolest, most fun-loving way possible. :P

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Percy Jackson books, and I'm finally going to see the movie today! Yay! I think you should definitely see it.

    By the way, your puppy makes me want a doggy right about now...but I have to wait until after I move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the mailman bring you a doggy? JK Cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol Cleverly Inked-- No, the mailman didn't bring me this punk but he was my xmas gift in 7th grade. And he does get to walk to the mailbox with me every day. =) If the mailman were to bring us a doggie, Toby would probably slap a return to sender label right on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have If I Stay but unfortunately it is still in the depths of the tbr pile! I know how you feel with the reading slump! I am trying to get out of one now! But I just got Radiant Shadows in the mail today so that should definitely help!! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books (and awwww, such a cute dog!! I wish my dog was good like that---she would totally tear my books right away)!

    Hope you enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books you got this week. If I Stay is a good book. I got Wherever Nina Lies this week too. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh... if i stay, good, cried. hope you like it! need to read nina! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw If I Stay at Target and I was going to get it, but I didn't. Let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see what you think of If I Stay!! ill be back for the review!!!

    My IMM IS Here

    Kelly
    @MidnightGlance

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I Stay is great! And Wherever Nina Lies looks really good! As for the Percy Jackson movie, it's not terrible, but it's nowhere NEAR the books. It would be best if you haven't read the books recently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heehee! awesome pic!! whereever nina lies looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whereever Nina Lies looks really good, cannot wait to read it.

    Check out my mailbox for the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice books, hope you enjoy :) Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. +JMJ+

    I was going to ask whether you got the dog in your mailbox, too, but someone beat me to it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heard really good things about If I Stay. I should add it to my TBR pile...

    Anyway, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dog is so cute! Is he a beagle? I love beagles - one day I'm going to get one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are definitely right, we are all a little crazy haha. I think it makes life more interesting that way. ;) Also, Good luck with your revisions and your novel in general.

    Now, onto your books. I can't wait to read your review for Wherever Nine Lies. I really want to read that one. If I Stay is such is really great, I think you'll like it.

    And I haven't watched the Percy Jackson movie but I know a few people who did and they said they really enjoyed it. That being said, they hadn't read the books so... I don't know if you should listen to me haha. Regardless, I'm sure it will be pretty decent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh Wherever Nina Lies looks great, hope you enjoy it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw what an adorable dog! I've heard that Wherever Nina Lies is good, and I need to grab a copy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to read both of those :) Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait for your reviews on these two. They look good! Happy reading, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is the first time I am hearing about If I Stay and it sounds great!!=)


    Enjoy your reads!!

    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved If I Stay and I hope you enjoy it too :) Toby, as always, looks adorable :D

    ReplyDelete